Main Menu

Megazine Reprints

Started by MOONSHINE, 01 November, 2002, 07:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbishop

That'll be up to Alan Barnes as editor and the creators, as Big Dave is a creator-owned strip.  I meant the background to the character's creation and history. Sorry for any confusion!

davidbishop

paulvonscott

I wouldn't bother with stuff from Crisis or Toxic to be honest, more or less it was all pants.  Yes, another broad sweeping statement from the makers of electric pencil erasres.

Bolt-01

As it happens, I've not long finished reading my set of Toxic after finding it moving house (me, not the comics) And most of it was pants, but accident man was good, and I was enjoying Brats Bizarre. I would like to know what was going on in Mutomaniac though.

karne

Nothing was going on in Mutomaniac, that's why it was cancelled :) On a more serious note, the hero of the story was able to beat seemingly unbeatable odd's and influence situations so that the outcome was in his favour. This made him potentially the most dangerous man in the universe and an incredibly lucky b*stard to boot. Given the chance it might have developed into a classic, but as you know it didn't. I really enjoyed Brats Bizarre too, but would like to know whatever happened to Duke Mighten?

davidbishop

Mutomaniac started life as a Doctor Who TV story proposal by Wagner & Mills called The Space Whale that never quite got commissioned. John eventually gave up on the story, leaving it to Pat. Years later it was substantially rewritten to become Mutomaniac.

Mike McMahon completed less than 30 pages of the story and who know where the artwork is now (a common problem with Toxic strips), so don't hold your breath for a reprint soon.

davidbishop

Matt

How about True Faith and Skin?

Woolly

How about reprinting all the Luke Kirby series', and then commisioning a new one?

2000AD Online

at least we now know we are getting darkies mob

Wood

"but would like to know whatever happened to Duke Mighten?"

He went into animation. He worked on Aeon Flux, and a few other things. He did a Batman story a couple years ago, but fell out with DC about it and wrote a long letter to Comics International about how DC were all scumbags or something.

Art

Ah.... whatever happened to Aeon Flux?

almighty mat