Main Menu

Dorling Kindersley 'Ultimate Guide To Dredd' Book

Started by Marbles, 06 November, 2002, 07:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Was thumbing thru the excellent 'Batman', 'Superman' and 'Spiderman' Dorling Kindersley 'Ultimate Guide' books at lunchtime and it made me wish there was a similar sumptuously illustrated book dedicated to old Dreddy.
Any chance ?http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/078947865X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg">
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Matt

Have you read "The A-Z of Judge Dredd" &  "Judge Dredd The Mega History" ?

Marbles

Yeh I've read the Mega-History, but I reckon the DK books are a real cut above them for both quality and depth.
Make a nice Chrimbo present.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

DavidXBrunt

D.K. lost a fortune on the tie-in books to Star Wars : Episode One, so I can't imagine them taking any risks with a character as (comparatively) unkown as Dredd. I don't think a book like that would sell.

GordonR

The A-Z of Dredd is a cheap nasty cut'n'paste job that well deserved its swift book club/bargain bin fate.

The DK books - I've got the Batman one, my kid's got the Spiderman one - are much nicer, flashier and reader-friendly.

karne

The A-Z of Dredd is also full of stuff like" See also...." notes that point to non-existent entries. Over-all a poor quality publication, on which the term "Proof Reader" seems to have been classed as an un-neccesary extravagance.

davidbishop

"The A-Z of Dredd is a cheap nasty cut'n'paste job that well deserved its swift book club/bargain bin fate. "

However, I suspect most of its cheapness and nastiness was down to the publishers, Hamlyn. Mike Butcher busted a gut writing the authoritative reference work and then had great swathes of the book junked - rendering what was left incomplete. Nasty design too.

Remind me not to offer Thrill-Power Overload the book to Hamlyn!

davidbishop

DavidXBrunt

David, don't offer 'T.P.O.' to Hamlyn.

davidbishop