Main Menu

Cockin non-posting posts explained

Started by Jayzus B. Christ, 13 November, 2002, 03:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayzus B. Christ

Okay, I read this in another link and I'm just going to repeat what someone else said. I think it's right.
But just to save Wake explaining, and other people scouring the board for answers, this is why (I think) posts aren't posting:

Each message can only be answered ten times.
However, most people being more used to the old system, they are simply replying to the first message on the thread rather than a message further down the thread.
*So just make sure click on the circle beside 'Reply' on the message you want to reply to, rather than on the word reply.

Am I right, Wake?  

Wake

Very close - except it's nine times. The first direct reply ends in a 1 and the final available slot ends in a 9.

The new posting method is quicker because you don't have to load a new page to go from the thread to the reply, but causes problems if people not pay attention to the message in bold at the top of the reply area.

Wake

Jayzus B. Christ

Oops- I just noticed you've already thoroughly explained this in the 'Posting Problems' thread. Sorry about that.

Devons Daddy

but causes problems if people not pay attention to the message in bold at the top of the reply area.

you expect us to read the instructions?
real men dont ask directions or read instructions.

something all you chaps in tek division and I.T.support should understand. :~)
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!