MEG 311 : HE IS THE GORE!

Started by Buttonman, 21 May, 2011, 10:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: House of Usher on 27 May, 2011, 12:20:05 AM
Quote from: Pioneer on 26 May, 2011, 10:17:45 PM
Christ.

Law... Gore. Say it. It rhymes!

Not if you pronouce your R's it doesn't.

Fixed that for you.

It took me years to work out Winston's 'More Jaw-jaw less War war' comment only works if you don't pronouce your R's.
DDT did a job on me

House of Usher

Worst character in Star Wars, ever.
STRIKE !!!

Hoagy

The gore? Look at, the gore. The room was covered in gore. And within the gore she saw an eye-sore of an eyeball. 

...Therefore-The Gore. If I want. I can be, "The gore".

I can't possibly be so for from literacy that doesn't sound anything but sense only to me?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

The Enigmatic Dr X

Prog = rogue. As it is short for programme.

Gore = lore = door = bore = soar. The ryhme element is the word "ore" or "oar".

Law = saw = draw = flaw. The ryhme element sounds like "awe."

"Awe" does not rhyme with "oar".

Anything else is simply mispronouncing the words and claiming that their enunciation is correct. Which it isn't. Same way that the Glaswegian glottal stop means we mispronounce certain words. But at least we don't get snooty about it.

Incidentally, no comment on the meg. Haven't read it for over 18 months now. I have a big pile to read through and no time.
Lock up your spoons!

maryanddavid

Great Dredd, McCarthy hasent lost it has he? You know how the returning favourite always kind of lets you down? He is great. Story was spot on too, a real throwback to the eighties, stories like the Stupid Gun and Get ugly.
Samizdat Squad is OK, the last run was enjoyable, surprised to see it back so soon, last page reming anyone else of the fury from Capt. Britain?
Cass in a Coma again, where is the Smiths? Reasonably good stuff, Im enjoying these city based crime  Anderson stories a lot more then the Half Life type, which promised so much but just seemed to fizzle out at the end.
Interviews were all good, reviews not read, rarly do.
Numbercruncher, I didnt read last month due to sick children, so ill take the opportunity to read the lot from the beginning over the weekend.
I do find that with the Meg, I dont read it in one go, I usually read it over a couple of days. Its not brilliant, but just about worth the entrance, which is praise.

David

Trout

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 30 May, 2011, 10:03:01 PM

All of this. But it's no big deal.  :)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: King Trout on 31 May, 2011, 12:02:11 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 30 May, 2011, 10:03:01 PM

All of this. But it's no big deal.  :)

Yeah. It's not like we're talking punctuation.
Lock up your spoons!

PreacherCain

I actually preferred the B&W McCarthy art to the coloured version that someone posted a while ago. I think the colours drown out the linework to a large extent which is a pity.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Aye, but dem's purdy colours
You may quote me on that.

Professor Bear

Dredd - okay stuff.  The vegetarians line sounded wrong from Dredd, don't give a monkeys if he uses a thought balloon or not, it's news to me that zombieism is a virus and not sporadic re-animations, zombie cure is also news, story seems a bit stretched, otherwise forgettable.  Great art.  Filler, just not good filler.

Samizdat Squad - I'd rather have this in the weekly than here where the month between parts might make it seem aimless.  Nice pictures, good script, unashamedly old-school, like it.  Comes across like Fleisher Rogue Trooper, only done right.

Anderson - old school, but don't like it quite as much because it's old school Anderson, who I don't much care for.  Nice pics.

Numbercruncher - at this stage I can't read it.  Eyes slide off the page.  What I saw of the art as I flicked past it seemed nice.

Art

Matthew Badham has posted some more of that interview with me on his blog, including my pitch for SHAKO 2012:
http://matthewbadham.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/shako-must-die-a-mini-interview-with-arthur-wyatt/

In Orbit Every Monday

Quote from: King Trout on 22 May, 2011, 04:24:23 PM
Also, judges on power boards are officially very cool. Nice work, Alan and Boo!

Indeed. Something I wanted to see happen since Song of the Surfer..

Ol

radiator

I think we see powerboard-riding judges ('The Flying Squad') quite early on - possibly in this story:

A Day at the Block Wars 1 episode (Prog 448) 7 pages

Or perhaps I'm getting muddled and it's jetpacks they have?

vzzbux

Hasn't Dredd, on a number of occasions, used a power board in the past?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

James Stacey

Quote from: vzzbux on 22 June, 2011, 08:37:54 PM
Hasn't Dredd, on a number of occasions, used a power board in the past?

V

Yes but that's different than an actual squad of powerboarding Judges. Dredd has generally only used them when plummeting to certain doom