Main Menu

Meg 312 : FOREST OF FEAR

Started by Buttonman, 18 June, 2011, 01:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_askham

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 02 July, 2011, 12:00:59 PM

It's hard to be mad at Boo Cook for fudging Anderson's age when everything is so lushly done - the colours in particular really make it all pop.

I just wish they'd give Anderson something interesting to do.  She's been treading water for a long time now, and no amount of pretty artwork can cover that up. Either that, or bump her off and have done with it. Although that's not really an option, with her being in the new movie and all.

Proudhuff

Totally agree, I know I bang on about it, but she is fifty!
Dredd has had some of his best stories recently coming to terms with the aging process, Anderson, as a once stunningly talented woman going through this process would throw up some interesting new angles:

eg;  if 'the Change' suddenly wiped out her Psi powers, or made them Intermittent what would she/ the Dept do?
In society's eyes, when does the sassy radical outside become the dement old witch? 

Unfortunately, much as I like Alan's work in 2000ad he never seems to adress complex personel stuff like this, I think he could do it after he did start out in Girls comics and says he enjoyed writing them.
DDT did a job on me