Main Menu

2002 Awards : The Golden Beanie

Started by Smiley, 10 December, 2002, 01:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

Yeah, it's getting like the Oscars in here, but one more award won't hurt.

The Golden Beanie is that special token nod towards the unsung heroes who make 2000AD a lot more than a comic.

A little bit like the myriad Lifetime Achievement's Dickie Attenborough has stacked in his shed, inherently worthless but throbbing with awe and admiration.

You could perhaps nominate Pat and Dyl for the Wall of Fame, Wake for running the site, someone who's post made you laugh milk out of your nose, or someone who went beyond the call of duty in getting you that prog you've wanted for years.

Basically, anyone who made your world that little bit more thrill-powered.

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Mangamax

For anyone who's interested, my Judge Death figure is on the features page
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Devons Daddy

tom frame
hes been there for years working hard.
lets give the recognition he deserves.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

HiEx

Queen Firey-Bou

can't you give it to the fan who wears the black beanie the mostest?

Tu-plang

That'd be me then.

Put my vote in for Tom tho.

Wake

I wear a 2000AD beanie to cycle to and from work, so about 3 hours per week.

Wake

Queen Firey-Bou

Ha ! mines 6 days a week, at least 5 hours a day..except not so much in the summer. (my work zone is cold)

but Tom frame is all very well, but what about those whos names we don't know? the ladyee who does the coffee? the window cleaner? the floor polisher, the loo scrubber, The courier of lovely art works...mebbe Tharg should pop in & nominate a few of these long silent lovely backround people?

Trout

I vote for Mek-Quake, even though he never quite caught up with Mike Fleischer.

- Trout

GordonR

>>Basically, anyone who made your world that little bit more thrill-powered.

I nominate the dude who signs the freelancer cheques at Rebellion.

I'm a big fan of his, and have a growing collection of his work, which, for security purposes, I leave in the safe-keeping of my local bank...

W. R. Logan

>but Tom frame is all very well, but what about those whos names we don't know? the ladyee who does the coffee? the window cleaner? the floor polisher, the loo scrubber, The courier of lovely art works...mebbe Tharg should pop in & nominate a few of these long silent lovely backround people?

Do we actually know if Rebellion have the budget for cleaners and loo scrubbers? Thought Cyber-Matt and Aaln-2 would keep the mighty ones ablutions clean.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.http://www.corrie.net/profiles/characters/ogden_hilda1984.jpg">

W. R. Logan

Wear my Dredd beanie to cycle to work. Also spend a lot of time waiting for trains on cold station platforms so it comes in handy. Plus it makes you fit in with all the other wino's and weirdos and stops people coming up and asking you for money, as they think you are as pissed, destitute and mad as they are.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.https://slate.site-secure.net/2000adonline/secure/shop/images/products/dreddbeaniethumb.jpg">

petemaskreplica

Pete the bleeding heart liberal likes the idea of giving it to the tea maker, cleaner etc.
However, there can be only one (beanie) I presume, so I vote for Wake, because he puts up with all our nonsense with extraordinary grace and patience.

Queen Firey-Bou

Yeah Yeah Golden beanie for WAKE !!!!