Main Menu

Leaked Script Thoughts WARNING SPOILERS

Started by MR. ELIMINATOR, 13 October, 2011, 12:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

Couldn't find a topic discussing the leaked script Peach Trees, so I thought I would start one to see what people think and share my opinions on it. If you don't want to know anything about it don't read past this!!!

Overall, I thought the script was great, a nice action story that suits the dredd world well, and I really liked the die hard feel. Sure nothing extremely bold or daring, but because it is Dredd it is 5 times better then any other modern action movie already. And seems like a good way to bring new fans to the franchise to support sequels.

However, just a few things were nagging at me.

I may have missed it, but I don't recall Dredd ever using the word creep. This disappointed me and I hope it is implemented in the final film, I think it is an important word. It's funny, and cool.

Also, the kiss at the end is not really a good idea. The whole idea of Anderson getting shot is pointless anyway. No one will think she is dead, so there won't be a surprise when she turns out ok. A real surprise would be for dredd to kill ma ma before she can do anything, or for Anderson to die. The latter being not such a good idea either, but at least there is shock value.

And I think to end it with a bit of good old Dredd humour, Dredd should have given Anderson something like a C- instead of an A. So she passes, but she did make some mistakes and Dredd is a harsh bastard.

Apart from that I was happy with everything else, I can't wait for this film. It's gonna rock.

(I was laughing my ass off when he shoots the perp at the start through a citizen, and while she's screaming tells her to calm down it hit no major organs.)

Spaceghost

I've skim read the script but I don't remember a kiss. Who kisses who and why?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

CYCLOPZ

[spoiler]I think Dredd gives Anderson the kiss of life.[/spoiler]

Michaelvk

Can't remember that either.. Though what I read may have been a fresher version.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Michaelvk on 13 October, 2011, 12:15:18 PM
Can't remember that either.. Though what I read may have been a fresher version.

Maybe they did take it out. I hope so.

malkymac

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 13 October, 2011, 12:34:22 AM
Couldn't find a topic discussing the leaked script Peach Trees, so I thought I would start one to see what people think and share my opinions on it. If you don't want to know anything about it don't read past this!!!

Overall, I thought the script was great, a nice action story that suits the dredd world well, and I really liked the die hard feel. Sure nothing extremely bold or daring, but because it is Dredd it is 5 times better then any other modern action movie already. And seems like a good way to bring new fans to the franchise to support sequels.

However, just a few things were nagging at me.

I may have missed it, but I don't recall Dredd ever using the word creep. This disappointed me and I hope it is implemented in the final film, I think it is an important word. It's funny, and cool.

Also, the kiss at the end is not really a good idea. The whole idea of Anderson getting shot is pointless anyway. No one will think she is dead, so there won't be a surprise when she turns out ok. A real surprise would be for dredd to kill ma ma before she can do anything, or for Anderson to die. The latter being not such a good idea either, but at least there is shock value.

And I think to end it with a bit of good old Dredd humour, Dredd should have given Anderson something like a C- instead of an A. So she passes, but she did make some mistakes and Dredd is a harsh bastard.

Apart from that I was happy with everything else, I can't wait for this film. It's gonna rock.

(I was laughing my ass off when he shoots the perp at the start through a citizen, and while she's screaming tells her to calm down it hit no major organs.)

I am fairly sure that Dredd has used the word creep loads of times. "Creep broke the law" was a line from judgement on Gotham I think.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: malkymac on 13 October, 2011, 06:11:29 PM

I am fairly sure that Dredd has used the word creep loads of times. "Creep broke the law" was a line from judgement on Gotham I think.

That's what I am saying, he uses the word loads in the comics, and in the script I can't remember seeing it once. I would like it to be in the film.

MattJW

In the script, does Dredd say the immortal words... "I am the Law"?!

I expect that, if he does, the delivery will be somewhat different from Stallone's effort.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: MattJW on 14 October, 2011, 12:03:14 AM
In the script, does Dredd say the immortal words... "I am the Law"?!

I expect that, if he does, the delivery will be somewhat different from Stallone's effort.

Yeah, executed perfectly as well! I smiled when reading that bit. I smiled reading the whole thing though.

blackmocco

The positive things more than outweighed anything negative when I read it.

Dredd's flat one-liners are all in there, my particular favorite being when [spoiler]the Chief Judge tells Dredd to throw Anderson in the deep end to see how she fares on duty he replies: "It's all the deep end."[/spoiler]

If the actual movie's plot is simplistic, well all the better to lay the ground rules of this particular universe.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com