Main Menu

SCENES FROM THE DREDD SET

Started by JOE SOAP, 24 November, 2011, 12:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 24 November, 2011, 01:50:30 PM
the guy in image 4 looks like he's holding a custard pie.

Lemon meringue, IIRC..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

IAMTHESYSTEM

Love the grungy look of the Walkways. Very convincing Set they've built there. Mega City lives.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

DrRocka

Never ever bloody anything ever

dracula1

Grud on a greenie Stallone and Moby appear in picture number 4.  Looks like Sly is directing and Moby is doing the sound track :-)

Dash Decent

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 November, 2011, 01:11:23 AM
If that is the block in question then it's very interesting, as I was expecting internal corridors!

This'll be the exterior shoot for the flying Lawmasters.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JOE SOAP

Some more tech info:

QuoteBerlin's The Post Republic and Prime Focus London are post producing DNA Films' Judge Dredd reboot, Dredd. The 3D action film is being lensed by DP Anthony Dodd Mantle on three rigs of Red MX pairs supplied by Paradise FX Europe, which has a number of other 3D projects on its books.

The Reds were complemented by SI2Ks on a steadicam rig, both recording to 1 Beyond systems.

The biggest challenge on the project, according to The Post Republic managing director Michael Reuter, was turning around the amount of data which was acquired in different formats.

The Post Republic supplied a Digi Lab on location in Cape Town SA, based around Iridas Speed Grade and including a 1TB server to store hi-speed Phantom data at 2000fps for dailies.

The facility is compiling all picture post and will grade the piece after completion of 800 VFX shots created by Prime Focus London.

So there's 800 FX shots of varying degrees, still a fair amount.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I hope Dredd gets some revealing done soon. There's not even a teaser poster yet!

The Sherman Kid

The number of FX shots- 800 , is very encouraging.Sunshine another DNA production and a great film (well the first half at least anyway) had just under with 750 shots ,and this film was of course in space where lots of shots were going to be needed.So it looks like, in my opinion,  they are going to a lot of trouble to give us an epic,  futuristic feel and hopefully with it, an authentic mega-city one.Fingers crossed.

JOE SOAP

It has the same budget as Sunshine, circa $40 million which it unfortunately didn't make back at the box-office.

dweezil2

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 28 November, 2011, 03:38:14 AM
I hope Dredd gets some revealing done soon. There's not even a teaser poster yet!

I wouldn't be too worried about that.

Another very anticipated film, Prometheous, hasn't a poster or trailer yet and that's out in June.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

JOE SOAP

radiator

QuoteThe number of FX shots- 800 , is very encouraging.Sunshine another DNA production and a great film (well the first half at least anyway) had just under with 750 shots ,and this film was of course in space where lots of shots were going to be needed.So it looks like, in my opinion,  they are going to a lot of trouble to give us an epic,  futuristic feel and hopefully with it, an authentic mega-city one.Fingers crossed.

The word so far is that it's a rather more contemporary take on Dredd - no flying cars or robots - perhaps this is all being added in in post, but even so, overtly sci-fi/futuristic stuff like that doesn't seem to suit the tone of what we've seen so far.

I'm guessing that a lot of the fx shots will be quite subtle, non-fantastical stuff - for instance, I'm wondering if the 800 shots will include stuff like digitally adding Dredd's trademark 'lightning bolt' visor reflections - something like what they did Rorschach's mask in Watchmen?

Beaky Smoochies

Alex Garland has stated in the official Dredd press release last year they're determined to recreate "all the scale and spectacle" of Mega-City One onscreen, which leads me to think a pretty healthy number of the 800 fx shots will be in showing a pretty dense and detailed Big Meg, which is gonna look pretty amazing, I just know it.  The rest of the fx shots will probably be exteriors and interiors of the Peach Trees residential block,[spoiler] the Slo-Mo drug POV shots[/spoiler], explosions, [spoiler]the opening shot of the boundary wall going over to reveal Mega-City One[/spoiler], and no doubt a great deal of little and less overt shots like reflections, wire removals, set extensions, interior/exterior alterations, etc.  It's amazing how quickly the number of fx shots pile up in short order, just one question for Joe Soap and/or Michael vk (whoever wants to answer this), does the entire finished shot count as one fx shot no matter how much different fx work is on it, or does each individual fx component and rendering count as an fx shot in itself, meaning if a finished shot has four or five separate fx elements in it, that counts as four or five fx shots, or does it count as a single finished fx shot unto itself...?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

dweezil2

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 November, 2011, 10:49:02 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 28 November, 2011, 10:47:05 PM
Another very anticipated film, Prometheous, hasn't a poster or trailer yet and that's out in June.

Wher've you been:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=prometheus+trailer&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

I posted that leaked trailer on the movie thread. What I meant was an official released trailer for Dredd.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo