Main Menu

John Wagner see the completed film!

Started by Goaty, 25 May, 2012, 05:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Quote from: Professah Byah on 25 May, 2012, 06:31:54 PM
Goood to have the reccomendation from Mr Wagner, but the only thing that would keep me away is 3D, as my local cinema never has the effect calibrated correctly or something, so basically what I'm paying for is a blurry, visually dark film made mostly in slow motion where occasionally something looks like it's behind something else.  Fuck that noise.

You have to put the glasses on.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Goaty

Quote from: blackmocco on 25 May, 2012, 06:33:45 PM
Goood to have the reccomendation from Mr Wagner, but the only thing that would keep me away is 3D, as my local cinema never has the effect calibrated correctly or something, so basically what I'm paying for is a blurry, visually dark film made mostly in slow motion where occasionally something looks like it's behind something else.  Fuck that noise.

You have to put the glasses on.

Or travelling to near 3D Cinema?

Colin YNWA

I'm trying to stay spoiler free for this and with that recommendation I might even try to avoid the trailer. All I needed to know and now I'll close my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears until September... hopefully.

radiator

Hopefully this means that the overall finished film is more 'sci fi' and more humourous than it otherwise might have been...

DKCX

Good to hear...roll on September...bad memories of '95 beginning to fade away.   :)

Adrian Bamforth

Goood to have the reccomendation from Mr Wagner, but the only thing that would keep me away is 3D, as my local cinema never has the effect calibrated correctly or something, so basically what I'm paying for is a blurry, visually dark film made mostly in slow motion where occasionally something looks like it's behind something else.

Nah, sounds like it's calibrated exactly as it's meant to be.

WhitBloke

I have actually never (ever) seen a 3D movie, and until now I've not really been all that fussed about it.  Somehow, I don't think Dredd in 3D is going to be a disappointing cherry-pop.
Thanks for posting the quote, Goaty.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Zarjazzer

"London" is obviously really CF's cellar. Good news though. It's actually happening maaahnnn not some crazy dream.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 25 May, 2012, 07:17:49 PM
Hopefully this means that the overall finished film is more 'sci fi' and more humourous than it otherwise might have been...

Don't think it'll be much different from the script they shot last year.

radiator

Yeah, but Matt Smith mentioned in an interview that they were making an effort to put a bit of humour/craziness in the backgrounds. I presumed that this was at Wagner's behest as around the same time he was canvassing for suggestions for that sort of thing on his Facebook page, to pass on to the producers.

Mike Carroll

Latest from John:

The quibble: use of modern day vehicles in a futuristic setting. Given the budget constraints it is hard to see what they could do to avoid it. It's no big deal, really. It's over quickly and once you're past that it's full steam ahead into Dreddworld. If this film does well we can expect the budget on the next to increase, therefore more money for such SFX. And just consider, on a budget effectively less than a fifth of the Stallone piece they've managed to make a movie far more representative of the character and strip we all know and love.

-- Mike

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 25 May, 2012, 08:01:39 PM
Yeah, but Matt Smith mentioned in an interview that they were making an effort to put a bit of humour/craziness in the backgrounds. I presumed that this was at Wagner's behest as around the same time he was canvassing for suggestions for that sort of thing on his Facebook page, to pass on to the producers.

That was before shooting started, they weren't attributed to script changes but background design and sets.

Goaty

radiator

Iirc he was asking for suggestions for humourous vignettes that could take place between scenes as well as just background detail.

Guess we'll see when the movie is out.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 25 May, 2012, 08:02:05 PM
Latest from John:

The quibble: use of modern day vehicles in a futuristic setting.

-- Mike

So this means that the rumour we were going to get CG replacements for the present day vehicles used in filming was not true.