Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

It's his transformation pose.

SHUWATCH! BUTTMAN!

Proudhuff

I thought it was in Moore's contract that there must be sexual violence against wimmin or he takes his ball home.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 March, 2017, 04:06:00 PM

Can't help but hear 'Putting on the Ritz' as I look at that... the Dr Frunkenstien version

DDT did a job on me

Smith

Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 March, 2017, 04:14:02 PM
I thought it was in Moore's contract that there must be sexual violence against wimmin or he takes his ball home.
I think I heard a similar opinion once...Excuse me mister Morrison,would you please sign my JLA #1?  ;)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

not you Smithy, Buttman  ::)
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Smith on 09 March, 2017, 04:18:42 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 09 March, 2017, 04:14:02 PM
I think I heard a similar opinion once...Excuse me mister Morrison,would you please sign my JLA #1?  ;)

Well, yes.  Grant has never ever depicted anyone being raped.  Except for Dan fucking Dare and Britney fucking Spears.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JamesC

At this point let's try to remember that Alan Moore and Grant Morrison are both excellent comic writers and it's a pretty extreme stretch to assume that either of them condone sexual violence in any way.

Smith

Quote from: JamesC on 10 March, 2017, 08:46:11 AM
At this point let's try to remember that Alan Moore and Grant Morrison are both excellent comic writers and it's a pretty extreme stretch to assume that either of them condone sexual violence in any way.
Ofc,nobody assumed THAT.Its just that they use it as a narative device somewhat often.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JamesC on 10 March, 2017, 08:46:11 AM

Well, yes, of course; Morrison is one of the finest writers in comics today, while Moore is the best who ever lived.  I don't really have a moral problem with the fictional depiction of rape, uncomfortable as it is to look at.  But I do find it a tad daft that Morrison has used it as a jab at Moore, claiming that he himself has never used it in his scripts when he very clearly has.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

I'm kinda repulsed at the utilisation of rape as a plot device, it smacks of cheap shocks and easy writing. If rape IS to be used in anyway, i'd rather the author took the Fury Road approach. Implication over gratuity.

Satanist

I think it would be an issue if all they wrote about was rape but they don't so it isn't.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

TordelBack

I'm just waiting until someone in the anti-Moore brigade learns to read books without pictures and manages to parse the several rape/incest chapters in Jerusalem.  The internet will break asunder beneath the weight of their click-bait hypocrisy.

Smith

Well,we are a visual culture.Who reads books anymore? ;)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]