Main Menu

I'm going to be doing something stupid.

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 11 August, 2012, 03:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

My local town, Croydon has it's own little radio station...

Well I have applied for an open "try out" Slot and I will hopefully be "On Air " on the Sunday 16th Sept from 5pm for about 20 mins.

As I haven't any ideas I have decided to "interview a friend.

Any advice would be welcome.

Also... IF you are intrested, Croydon Radio is available on line... so if you want to find out how well/ badly I am doing... you can tune in.

I don't know how they will decide if people who try out will be given a perminant position (It's all volentery so I wouldn't be paid) But if there is a vote thingy & you like what you hear, I'd appreciate the surport, Thanks.

Emp

Find an interesting friend....failing that i'll phone in  :D

GordyM

For a wee while I did a rock show on a local radio station and it was a lot of fun. Each week I dragged a different friend into the studio and the 'best' decision we made was to think up the stupidest discussion points to talk about on air (we got one whole show out of 'What would you rather fight - a shark or a bear?' By the second hour we had sharks with robot legs and bears with skeleton keys running around).

I guess that's the best advice I can offer: talk about the silliest things that you know you'll enjoy discussing. If you're having fun than the listeners will too.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

COMMANDO FORCES

Have fun Doc. I'm always available to ring if you want to talk about Dredd. I fact I can do my speech about comparing footy fans to Dredd (comic) fans and who gets the better reward ;)

The Doctor Alt 8

IF I get a second chance I'll baer that in mind. I don't know if this station has the facilities to have a phone in (although they obviously have E mail) I will certainly bear in mind that not being too serious is a way to go but I was hoping I could (If no one else is) use it as a platform for local events & topics of intrest...

The Doctor Alt 8

oH BO**CKS!

Well it looks like I will have t cancel my open slot on the radio.

I set them an e mail detialing my plans to use the slot to "interview " a coulpe of my Drama groups committee members to explain who we were & the problems we were going to face with the closer of Staley halls.

HOWEVER I was told that the radio staion already has an "Arts corrispondant " (Their words) and that such an item fell under her pidgon hole & that I was NOT to do this item.

Adrian ditched me in favour of doing something unspecified else and so I am... STUCK

I was asked "Would I like to present something?"

Like WHAT for crying out loud.

Serves me right for relying on other people.
Should know better right?

Worse I had a look at their regular sheduling. There is no indicatio that they have a regular "culture/ local activities slot. So how am I surposed to know ? I don't have internet and they only broadcast though this medium.

Professor Bear

Do a show about ongoing professional wrestling storylines: it isn't sport, it isn't the arts, it isn't entertainment, but it has a vocal audience if you can get on their radar, and you honestly don't even have to know what the buggery has been going on.  Plus there's such a huge overlap in genres in the storylines ("angles") that sooner or later you'll cover anything and everything - sci-fi, horror, conspiracy, drama, probably even man vs animal fights as mentioned above.