Main Menu

Taken...for a ride??

Started by Last of the V8's, 12 January, 2003, 07:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last of the V8's

Watched Speilbergs big budget TV series Taken tonight.
Same old UFO gumf, weve seen it all before; X-Files, Dark Skies etc etc.
Best thing about it... the WW2 aircraft dog fight at the start. Mind blowing.
Should have remade the Battle Of Britain instead.

S
P
o
i
l
e
r

Watched part 2 on BBC Choice.
It dosn't get any better.

Quirkafleeg

Yeah lameo mini-series guf covering ground already done a million times before a million times better

It's had its chance...

Anyone remember a film with 'greys' and Face from the A-team. Mind-blowingly awful that was...

Queen Firey-Bou

totally agree, what a waste of mine & spielb's time. why ?

esoteric ed

I saw this too last night, "average" and I was more suprised to see TOBE HOOPER still Directing!

Taken, but luckily I kept the receipt.

Ed

Bolt-01

Missed it. Kinda glad now.

rotts

Matt

...you wouldn't be referring to a certain aspiring screen writer in this interview, would you Gordon? I spat my coffee into my lap when I read that you wrote Witch World, but just out of interest, how did you intend to finish it?

Last of the V8's

Legend has it that when Tobe Hooper was directing Poltergeist for Speilberg there was a power struggle and Speilberg rekoned HE directed most of said film. Bad blood followed.
They must have patched up their differances?

paulvonscott

Or Speiberg waved his wad about.  I suppose he sets a standard for a certain type of melodramatic shite, but I avoid anything with his name on like the plague.

Mean Machine

I watched Taken(i have seen a lot worse) and recorded Messiah 2 on BBC1.

Buddy

Yeah, disapointed to say the least. I was expecting a more 'Band Of Brothers' feel to the whole thing, not a soap opera.

I kinda got the impression that 'they can take any form they want' really ment 'think of the money we'll save on effects if the aliens can look human'.

It even had one of the actors from Dark Skies.

Agree with the dog fight at the start, perhaps Spielberg should make 'Band of Pilots'

Quirkafleeg

Glad I taped Messiah II with Ken 'never in rubbish' Stott. Evil evil dark evil... It's no Midsomer Murders. Looking forward to tonight's conclusion...

karne

"Ken 'never in rubbish' Stott"

Ahem..."Plunkett and Macleane".

Quirkafleeg

That's good (well me mother likes it!)

Malchidiel

Ken "squidgey face" Stott kicks ass big time.