Main Menu

Mass Effect: The Citadel DLC

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 07 May, 2013, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

No one else played this? A bittersweet ending to the trilogy.

I tend not to buy a lot of DLC but splurged on this and loved it. It's very much a game of two halves: a B-movie adventure, culminating in a cracking shoot out on the Normandy; then, a party where every character (including Mordin and Thane, via video messages) has a little epilogue.

There's even an arcade where your own Shepherd and crew can battle - it's basically multiplayer, but with your own Shep and two AI squadmates from the crew.

It's aces.
Lock up your spoons!

NorthVox

I've been tempted to pick it up, but after the disaster of the 3rd title, I've thought it best to just leave that series alone (especially since they started focusing more on multiplayer) though lately I've been tempted to go back. Does this actually add anything to the ending at all? If so I might be tempted to pick it up.

Keef Monkey

I got this, really enjoyed it. Felt like a really lovely send-off to my favourite game trilogy!

It doesn't add anything to the ending NorthVox (it's a mission that's available earlier in the campaign), but I have seen people who didn't like the ending commenting that they feel like they've got the closure they want now and that it's left a better taste in their mouth as the last thing they do in ME3.

Personally I loved the ending (the original one, the extended one was a bit too on the nose and had some pacing issues) but am still really glad that this exists as a more upbeat sign-off.

NorthVox

Sounds cool, might have to pick that up at some point.

The Enigmatic Dr X

What Keef said. It adds nothing to the end but carries a real sense of finality.
Lock up your spoons!

Zappanalé

It's essentially the Mass Effect Comedy Hour; a few weird missions that wouldn't work in the main series, followed by pure fan service.

It may help that I got it free in a twitter contest, but I had a lot of fun with it.