Main Menu

Weekly Shonen Jump Weekly update (hopefully)

Started by IronGraham, 05 November, 2013, 11:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

[spoiler]I TOLD YOU GUY'S IT WAS SABO!!!!![/spoiler]

Ahem. Anyway.

Hawkmumbler

World Trigger is getting released in GN format in october. I've missed everything from chapter 1 to 27 so might buy it...

Hawkmumbler

One-Punch Man is finally getting the paperback release in English at the end of the year.

IronGraham

That is great news, who hear is looking forward to Hunter x Hunter returning I've never read any of his work so this will be interesting.
We're werewolves not swearwolves

The Adventurer

*phew* I didn't realize how hungry I was for more WSJ. I downloaded this week's (260 page) issue and just plowed through it.

Probably would have just read the whole thing in one sitting, but then I ran into Naruto. Which, either it or Nisekoi, is my typical 'take a break' point.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

Indeed that was a lovely pack of thrills. Everything save Nisokoi and Naruto on fine, fine form. Shame that OPM was so short (4 pages?!) but at least we should be getting another next week.

Hawkmumbler

Oh would you look at that! I finally give enough fucks to give this weeks Nisekoi a shot, now they introduce this sleaze ball teacher who passively comments on the attractive features of his young female students.

'Burns Ipad in a fit of rage'

Seriously, I don't care if theirs ever a marginally funny chapter ever again. I'm so fucking done.

The Adventurer

All the implied student/teacher creepiness you could possibly want, with a heaping helping of incest (but it's okay because they're not actually related!) thrown in for good measure.

The worst part is? These sort of things aren't uncommon in harem rom coms any more, they're practically standard. Thanks otaku.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hawkmumbler

It's popularity seem's to have bombed in Japan as well, according to ANN. Let's hope it get's shit canned soon. I'm not one usually to beg for a comic to be cancelled but Nisekoi is just becoming offensively bad by this point.

'Sigh' Just keep thinking of HunterXHunter, Zac. It'll all be over soon.

IronGraham

Any interest in One Piece Strong World film?

Hawkmumbler

It's a fun film, and an interesting addition to the One Piece canon, building on the back story to the entire series by re-introducing Shiki from chapter 0, a surviving pirate from the time of Roger and White Beard. Features some crazy mad animal designs.

IronGraham

Spaceghost

For unknown, mind-boggling reasons, the extremely dull and generic World Trigger is going to be an anime -

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2014-05-27/shonen-jump-world-trigger-manga-gets-tv-anime/.74904

Here's hoping the infinitely better Stealth Symphony gets picked up for the same treatment.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

IronGraham

I really like World Trigger and curious of how they deal with it's awkward start

Hawkmumbler

I enjoy World Trigger, for all it's lack of originality, as it at least sticks to a formula that has some room for growth some intriguing ideas, such as the multi dimensional war hinted at recently.

Stealth Symphony has picked my interest recently. Jog as a chracter, at first felt really flat, but now he seem's to be becoming slightly sinister, even unhinged. Loving this series so far.