Main Menu

GOTHAM.

Started by strontium71, 12 February, 2014, 08:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 May, 2015, 04:16:26 PM
yup, she's great in Gotham, but I just find this extended subplot with her away from the rest of the cast is both implausible and overlong - get her back tormenting Oswald and pulling Bullock's chain!

That's pretty much what I meant - the character is good, adds an unknown into the story, but stretching it out to this latest part of the story just hasn't worked for me. At least they managed to freak me out with regards to my fear of things eye related.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 May, 2015, 04:16:26 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 May, 2015, 09:02:36 AM
Can't really see the problem with Fish, though - I think she's a great character, played masterfully by Miss Pinkett-Smith.

yup, she's great in Gotham, but I just find this extended subplot with her away from the rest of the cast is both implausible and overlong - get her back tormenting Oswald and pulling Bullock's chain!

[spoiler]Sorted.[/spoiler]  Her new punk look fucking rocks too; like something from an 80s arcade game.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ThryllSeekyr

Watched some of this last night and found it very interesting, but would like to see the whole thing in one go from the start.

Chester Copperpot doesn't look anything like the Penguin though.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 May, 2015, 02:10:14 AM
Watched some of this last night and found it very interesting, but would like to see the whole thing in one go from the start.

Does Oswald Cobblepot look like him then?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 09 May, 2015, 08:08:04 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 May, 2015, 02:10:14 AM

Does Oswald Cobblepot look like him then?

Sorry, I got the name wrong....don't know why.......still doesn't look like the short fat villain who was known to always smoke a cigar and where that top-hat.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 May, 2015, 09:06:31 AM
Sorry, I got the name wrong....don't know why.......still doesn't look like the short fat villain who was known to always smoke a cigar and where that top-hat.

Thank God you're back! We missed you so much during the five hours you were gone!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 May, 2015, 09:07:56 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 May, 2015, 09:06:31 AM

Thank God you're back! We missed you so much during the five hours you were gone!

Cheers

Jim

Neve4r meant o leave just yet..... and I'm still clingy.

What I really mean to do was not be such a huge presence or the presence I was on this forum and that I have ben for the last few year.  It's going to be difficult to leave all together, and fill that aperture.....

I'm thinking so hard about a way to leave home with my stuff fully intact.

Dandontdare

yeah well I was that skinny 20 years ago too, but give me a top hat and monocle and I could do a passable Penguin now.  :'(

ThryllSeekyr

Doesn't even have the trade mark nose.....

Quite yet......

I just the guy from some earlier American Sitcom is also in Sons of Anarchy, Vikings as well as one of the main police detective characters.

Never thought it was him in those other gritty looking T.V. shows.

This brilliant little piece of television drama following the same theme I might have liked to have seen a serial about Slaine fall into. It start at around about the time Bruce Wayne loses his parents after attending the theatre one night and this isn't only done in one of those black n white or sepia coloured flashbacks that eventually return to him as fully grown man. stay there and plods along from there mainly concentrating on how the villains came to be or just started out.

Why does Batman get so much covered.

He's been done over and over and over agin  since the 60's with that television series.

Mardroid

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 09 May, 2015, 01:52:04 PM
Doesn't even have the trade mark nose.....

Quite yet......

I haven't watched Gotham yet ( I meant to but more seed the first few episodes and don't lime to start a series partway in. Probably my loss as I don't think I saw many of the classic dramas as a kid from the beginning, but that didn't spoil my enjoyment). But judging from that picture, that nose is certainly beaky enough without being, quite, unrealistic.  Devito's version was practically a mutation as evidenced by his silly introductory story in Batman Returns. And  I actually quite liked that film.

JudgeOiNK!

Last night's was simply superb!  Gordon and Penguin were, as always, superb and the ending for the latter was excellent. I love both actors, they're showing a lot of range and as has been mentioned before the Penguin's character is a really complex mix in this show, so kudos to the actor.  It was also a fantastic episode for Edward Nigma.  I've enjoyed him so far in the show but we haven't seen a lot of depth.  I won't ruin it for anyone yet to watch but his final scene was superb and I really believe we're going to see this actor stretch himself now and develop in much the same was as Penguin.  Superb stuff and makes me eager for season two!
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce

Goaty

Well, after 3rd episode last night, the start to Season 2 was brilliant and brutal!

Best about 2nd Episode was [spoiler]GCPD massacre.[/spoiler]

So is it the end of [spoiler]the Joker or was it him? [/spoiler]

Dandontdare

Quote from: Goaty on 26 January, 2016, 09:14:53 AM
Well, after 3rd episode last night, the start to Season 2 was brilliant and brutal!

Best about 2nd Episode was [spoiler]GCPD massacre.[/spoiler]

So is it the end of [spoiler]the Joker or was it him? [/spoiler]

I loved the twist - [spoiler]the guy who we assumed was going to become the Joker was only the inspiration for several potential future jokers.[/spoiler]

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 January, 2016, 09:21:07 AM
I loved the twist - [spoiler]the guy who we assumed was going to become the Joker was only the inspiration for several potential future jokers.[/spoiler]

Yep, that was done very well.

JamesC

I didn't even know it was back on!
Channel 5 seem to do this - they make a big deal about season 1 of a new show and then season 2 comes on with stealth (same thing happened with Person of Interest)!