Main Menu

Mezco Judge Dredd!

Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreddzilla

Quote from: BPP on 15 October, 2015, 12:03:55 AM
3A's 2000ad stuff is coming out retail so blister packs probably help to shift units.

Mezcos look to have done a bang up job, the B&W in particular. I'd order a Cursed Earth one but the disco colours are just too much. Grats to all who scored but could you turn down the 3A knocking just a touch? It's clear 3A have done an unreal job on Sidney and Sam so far. Celebrate what you have, don't snipe at the purchases of others.
You have Death yet?

Atreides

3A's 2000ad stuff is coming out retail so blister packs probably help to shift units.

Mezcos look to have done a bang up job, the B&W in particular. I'd order a Cursed Earth one but the disco colours are just too much. Grats to all who scored but could you turn down the 3A knocking just a touch? It's clear 3A have done an unreal job on Sidney and Sam so far. Celebrate what you have, don't snipe at the purchases of others.

Dont get me wrong, I am looking forward for 3As stuff too which I have also pre-ordered! Love the design.

Death is still scheduled for late October right?
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Dreddzilla

Aww, Crap! "Dark blue Dredd will come with the dark blue Lawmaster, pre-order date still TBD "-Mezco twitter

Pete Wells

Mine has arrived today, he is absolutely wonderful!

Dreddzilla

So, we can confirm the shoulder armor is painted gold and not that yellow plastic? Good to know. Still sucks I have to buy the Lawmaster to get the blue uniform, I had thought that would have been a mezcotoyz site exclusive.

Mikey

Quote from: Mr 9.8 on 15 October, 2015, 02:31:49 AM

You have Death yet?

You have Mongrol, Tharg or Ro-jaws from Mezco? Yes, 3a have been slow, they've had problems getting the stuff made and a bit lacking in communication but they've made a concerted effort to get the line going over the last while. What they have produced looks incredible - and I don't understand why some people think they'll be more fragile?

Anyhow - that Dredd looks incredible Pete! Really can't wait to get mine...

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Atreides

Wow! The black version is looking good! Happy that the shoulders are painted gold!
I must not Fear. Fear is the mind-killer
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration
I will face my Fear
I will permit it to pass over me and through me
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path
Where the Fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Mardroid

Yes that black version looks really good. Even the shoulder eagle looks better to me.  I'm not sure if they've changed it or I'm just seeing it differently. (I'm referring to the design not the colour, although I prefer gold over yellow.)

And the news about the dark blue Dredd and Lamaster is welcome, assuming the elbow pads are green. I wonder why they left that variant until last?

For the sake of those who prefer the black*, it would be nice if the bike is available sepearately. Unfortunately I'd imagine they'd pay more buying the separate figures than together. Although that might still be a viable route if you wish to spread payments out and can't afford to pay a big chunk -albeit lower priced overall- at once.

Concerning, 3A fragility, I only have the smaller scale (which somehow still manages to be rather large) Mongrol, so I'm probably not worthy to comment. But it seems all right. You wouldn't want to drop it, but that goes for most figures, I'd say.  The armour plating around the legs on one side has a tendency to come unclipped on occasion, but that's not actually broken and can be easily fixed. I'm very happy with the figure and I look forward to Sam when he comes.

*As I've said before, both black or dark blue are fine with me.

Edit- I'm actually rather warming to the flat top gun. I think that should be the design for the Mark 3 Lawgiver.

TordelBack

Ay caramba, that looks beautiful out in the real world!  Easily the best JD figure to date. May have to set my sights on getting one now!

Spikes

Very nice indeed, isn't it. Very Willsher looking. Bit skint at present, but sorely tempted now I've seen it. About 65/70 quid over on the 'Bay?

Jamie1000013

Quote from: Pete Wells on 17 October, 2015, 10:05:23 AM

Who did you order it from???????? How did you get it so early?  :'(

Ordered mine from 365games hope it doesn't take too long  :-\. Will you be talking about it in your next podcast if so which episode?   :)

COMMANDO FORCES

Been out all day at a family birthday meal and now that I'm home, I find that the neighbours have mine and they're out. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Dreddzilla

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 October, 2015, 08:00:23 PM
Been out all day at a family birthday meal and now that I'm home, I find that the neighbours have mine and they're out. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
:'(

I, Cosh

Quote from: Pete Wells on 17 October, 2015, 10:05:23 AM
Every time I click on one of these to embiggen it, it's accompanied by a lot of pictures of pretty ladies in short dresses. Are they your sisters?

[/setting self up for comeback about contextual or history based advertising]
We never really die.

Mindless-Focus

Got both B&W and Color now. Hands down the best Dredd figure too date! They are just so good. My only small gripe is a lack of ankle rocker. Otherwise, it's great.