Main Menu

The Belfast 2000AD Discussion Group, so it is......

Started by judgerussell, 14 December, 2014, 10:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgerussell

ZenArcade

Well that was fun. The devil of it was having to leave early. Good discussion on a series of issues. Couple of nice pints of stout. What more could a squax ask for. Z ;)
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Link Prime

judgerussell

NIt's time to start planning the next meeting.
The last Saturday of the month is the 28th February.

Does this suit most people?
Any requests for this month's meeting?

Don't forget to check out the Facebook page, and share with friends!

ZenArcade

ZenArcade

Requests: The Al Ewing thread is quite popular. Lets all discuss our favourite Ewing Dredds. Z

judgerussell

Borag Thung, and what about ye?!

The next meeting of T2DG (The 2000AD Discussion Group) will be on Saturday, 28 February.

We will be in the newly revamped Lobby Bar, at the Europa Hotel, Belfast. (Hopefully they've finished the building work. If not, we'll be upstairs in the Piano Bar)

People will start arriving from about 12.30, so please come along.

Oh, and don't forget to tell your friends. The more, the merrier!

Splundig Vur Thrigg

judgerussell

See you all tomorrow.

I'll be bringing some nice items for people to look at.

What items, you say?

You'll have to wait and see.

ZenArcade

We'll also have a brief moment to remember the recent passing of our two seminal artists. Z

ZenArcade

Right Drokkers, get your skates on for 12.30 front bar in Europa, we'll discuss recent Progs and Megs and reminisce on friends departed. Z

ZenArcade

judgerussell

ZenArcade

Well that was fun (even if I could only stay for but a while). Lots of people attended the B2KADDG including Judge Dredd (which was nice). We had our usual convivial chat, discussing recent progs and various Thargy miscellany. Jack's Thrill Power Overload with a huge amount of artist and writers signatures was a highlight.
Progs 33: Brett Ewins first cover and Prog 298: John Coopers only cover were produced and we talked of their works and vast contributions. We took a moment to have a couple of photos of the group with the progs as a small rememberance. JudgeRussell will fill in on more details of the lads and lassies and the craic had after I left. Gurrr.
It just remains for us to invite anyone interested along next month for a fun and relaxed meeting and discussion. Z :D

ZenArcade

Well NI squax, I am honoured to act pro tem for our group convenor Judge Russell who alas cannot attend this months B2KADDG. It will be held this Saturday in the front bar of the Europa Hotel on Great Victoria Street at 12:00. I will proffer up recent Progs and this months Meg for erudite discussion over a few pipes of tobacco and a glass or two of Port wine. Be there and be square. Z

ZenArcade

For this Saturday read next Saturday 29/03/15. I'm running ahead of myself and it gives people more time to make arrangements to attend. I'll post up on our Facebook page tomorrow (even though I haven't a clue about Facebook. Z :-\