Main Menu

Flesh Final book

Started by broodblik, 13 February, 2023, 08:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

From Pat Mills twitter related to a Flesh return:

I've still got the final series to write, featuring Gorehead.  Got rather distracted doing other stuff.  Not sure if Rebellion still want it, but if readers do that will help. Love that gif!!

From a completeness perspective I would like Flesh to get a final book.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Yeah would defo love to see Flesh wrapped up... in theory... by which I mean more cowboys vs dinosaurs = good. More cowboys vs dinosaurs with modern Mills writing... wellllll.... still good to give it a chance.

Barrington Boots

I'd also like to see this. The story needs finishing, and whilst I recall not enjoying the last couple of installments when they ran , they were better on the re-read.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

And the final book's art by Clint Langley was quite awesome as well
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

13school

I'd definitely be there for a final Flesh book. I semi-recently went back and re-read the final (or "final") stories in Mills' recent non-Slaine long running series, and while I probably would have liked more definite endings for things like Savage and Defoe (I don't think The ABC Warriors ever could have a conclusive ending), Flesh was really the only one that felt firmly unfinished.

nxylas

Interesting turnaround from "I'm not sure it would be worth my while to do it" in (I think) his secret history of 2000AD, to "I'm not sure if Rebellion want it". I hope it gets done. It probably won't be that good, but I hate loose ends.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

broodblik

The grass is always greener in the other side of the fence

nxylas

Quote from: broodblik on 13 February, 2023, 01:06:06 PMThe grass is always greener in the other side of the fence
Or should that be "the bronto-burgers are tastier..."?

IndigoPrime

I mean, I'm sure it'll make some people happy, and from my perspective there will be three or four other strips in the Prog. So whatever. But I've been no fan of modern Flesh strips, didn't think much of the 'concluding' (scare quotes very much intended) Sláine volume, and find the Joe Pineapples strip currently in the Prog bounces between borderline OK and risible.

It does seem there has been a slight softening on what he says about Rebellion of late. The company is no longer the root of all evil in comics. Then again, Finn reprint + possible Metalzoic story + continuing to pay Pat Mills to write for the Prog, despite all the venom he's spewed Rebellion's way might have helped. I dunno.

nxylas

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 February, 2023, 03:21:33 PMcontinuing to pay Pat Mills to write for the Prog, despite all the venom he's spewed Rebellion's way might have helped. I dunno.
Not sure how it works, exactly, but he may have been paid for those Joe Pineapples scripts years ago, I dunno. It's been a long time in the making.

broodblik

At the end it boils down what sell progs and what does not. I am sure getting it out there that Flesh is back might bring people back as well. I am sure irrespective of what we as forum-dwellers like or not I am sure Joe Pineapples is a seller.

IndigoPrime

Well, yes. Matt Smith is surely a pragmatist.

broodblik

Some more from Pat Mills twitter:

You're right, I should! May be tricky - firstly, to see if 2000AD will be interested, And secondly, to see who would draw it. Maybe Clint Langley. Maybe someone else. Somehow it's not as easy as it once was, but I live in hope. Thanks for the prompt.

Funt Solo

Quote from: nxylas on 13 February, 2023, 12:33:11 PMInteresting turnaround from "I'm not sure it would be worth my while to do it" in (I think) his secret history of 2000AD, to "I'm not sure if Rebellion want it".

Those could be read as the same thing, though. (If someone isn't willing to pay for the script, it's not worth writing.)

Personally, I would like a different writer on Flesh - but I'm probably in the minority. The last book I liked was Chronocide, by some other fellows.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Max Headroom

I am hoping this comes about. But more than that I would really like Pat to finish 'Defoe'. Maybe there is hope for all parties to be reconciled now and Mr Mills to write more stuff?