Main Menu

Batman Animation Goes To Amazon.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 09 March, 2023, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Amazon will show a new Batman animated show after HBO Max cancels the JJ Abrams series on their channel.
https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/batman-caped-crusader-tv-series-amazon-1235548504/
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 09 March, 2023, 08:33:02 PMAmazon will show a new Batman animated show after HBO Max cancels the JJ Abrams series on their channel.

DC/Warner have literally no idea what they're doing. I have no explanation for why there isn't a massive round of executive-level firings. They trash-can a fully completed Batgirl movie, allow the Aquaman sequel to progress to the point where it gets to test screenings and it's so bad that people are literally walking out of the theatre... how are these people still hanging on to their jobs...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

If it does go ahead it will have some going to top the 90s animated series.

(I didn't mind the Justice League and Batman of the Future that came after as well)
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 March, 2023, 10:24:03 PM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 09 March, 2023, 08:33:02 PMAmazon will show a new Batman animated show after HBO Max cancels the JJ Abrams series on their channel.

DC/Warner have literally no idea what they're doing. I have no explanation for why there isn't a massive round of executive-level firings. They trash-can a fully completed Batgirl movie, allow the Aquaman sequel to progress to the point where it gets to test screenings and it's so bad that people are literally walking out of the theatre... how are these people still hanging on to their jobs...?

I have a theory that they make all their decisions based on whatever the algorithms say. Then when it all goes tits up they can shift the blame onto the IT guys for making shitty algorithms. Completely missing the fact that algorithms are no substitute for creativity.

There's probably a shiteload of bureaucracy involved too.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

Also, there's no accounting for taste. I'm sure the people involved didn't set out to knowingly create shite (God knows, I never do - but...).

That being said, when hiring people to make a comic book film they should at least take into account the creatives' depth of knowledge and respect for the properties being adapted. That also being said, there should always be room for creativity or finding a different spin - but this is the gamble. DC may be failing at this* but I do respect their trying.

*Also, to my mind, DC only has a very few decent properties with the rest seeming way too silly. Marvel has the same problem, of course, but tends to integrate the silliness more efficiently (as with the appearance of M.O.D.O.K. in the latest Ant Man film).

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IndigoPrime

The main issue, as I see it, is DC has no patience. It wants what Marvel/Disney has, but that didn't happen overnight. So it tries to create a DCU in fast forward. It fails. It tries again. It fails. You can't keep rebooting your properties every five minutes and expect things to stick. It gives people so many off ramps.

Also, DC has plenty of great content knocking around, but it doesn't always make great use of it. And even when it does, there's no guarantee of its future. (Think of it taking an age for Sandman season two to be confirmed, despite the huge praise it received.)

Tomwe

This is the show that Ed Brubaker worked on I believe?

Proudhuff

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 10 March, 2023, 08:46:28 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 March, 2023, 10:24:03 PM

I have a theory that they make all their decisions based on whatever the algorithms say. Then when it all goes tits up they can shift the blame onto the IT guys for making shitty algorithms. Completely missing the fact that algorithms are no substitute for creativity.

There's probably a shiteload of bureaucracy involved too.
and cocaine, shit loads or that
DDT did a job on me