Main Menu

Crisps.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 22 March, 2004, 01:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Have you tried the new Donner Kebab Wheat Crunchies?
Favourite crisps?
Ans shouldn't Salt'n'vinegar be in blue, not green?

Mr D

Haven't tried the new ones.

All S 'n' V should be blue, but not Walkers.

Simply because the packet is so recognisable, and I KNOW they're gonna be gooood....

Now I want crisps.

Mr C

Don't get me started on Walkers blatant disregard of UN Correct product packaging colour act 1979.

madgirl

Ah but didn't Walkers invent crisps? So they can do what they like! So there!

DavidXBrunt

I'd be very interested in your opinion young C.
Do tell...

madgirl

Did a google search on Walkers and found this. Cheack out the S&V packet on the 2nd page. How old is it? What colour? Walkers rule!

Link: http://walkers.corpex.com/cr15p5/history.asp" target="_blank">Let your tastebuds do the walking!

philt

crisps? cue the stereotypical response of someone from Norn Iron - Tayto Cheese and Onion - they make every other variety of crisps seem well tame

Quirkafleeg

Not really a crisp person... like Ready Salted and Prawn Cocktail. I was once addicted to NixNaks thought... I was up to two/three packets a day before I went cold turkey

esoteric ed

Hedgehog flavour crisps(no shit) were available in the 70's, thankfully for a short run.

Cheese and Onion will always be in green packets for me, it's worth being colourblind for... Cheese and Onion Suare crisps are tickerty boo!

Nik Naks "nice and spicy" are pretty moresome Gary.

Seabrooks are nice now and again... the underdog of the crisp market.

Special mentions for XK and Bensons... bless ya

Ed

Dudley

After the hedgehog scam ("This tastes of hedgehog"  "I don't believe you"  "Well, go eat a hedgehog, then"), they tried to get too clever and marketed a dragon flavour.

esoteric ed

Not sure if this was the same era, I seem to recall them being late 70's but I may be wrong. The packets were pretty basic and in brown paper, no one else remember these!?!?!

Ed

Link: http://www.geocities.com/willboyne/nosurrender/Hedgehog.html" target="_blank">Crisps!

Dudley

That's the one I remember

Devons Daddy

i have not heard the hedge hog one. thats bloody great.

but on this debate you are correct salt and vinegar should be blue. other wise how will allthe people in the UK who cant read be able to find there packet.
they will say GREEN PACKET oh i dont like cheese and onion.

ladies and gentle men of the JURY i rest my case.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Woolly

I shall have to voice my opinion on both salt & vinegar and cheese & onion.

They both ming.

Especially salt&vinegar, as they shrivel my lips up like a couple of slugs!

Trout

Oh, for crying out loud.

Quavers are the best.

Also, Tesco are doing buy-one-get-one-free on McCoys just now.

- Trout