Main Menu

Anyone know a good program for bypassing forewalls?

Started by Demon Chicken, 07 May, 2004, 04:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon Chicken

Finally managed to get myself connected to the uni network, so it would have been great for downloading stuff........... but!  I can't get kazaa to work from behind the uni firewall, anyone know any good programs
 that'll let kazaa connect?
Cheers hive mind!
DC

opaque

Well in many cases you'd be prohibited from using P2P software on uni networks anyway so if you were found out nasty things could happen. If you've signed anything saying thiswhen you started watch out. And they'd only say firewalls are there for a reason.

And anyway they could track you by the large amounts being downloaded (against normal browsing).
Cambridge University has a set of pages where you can see usage not just by dept or college but down to the IP address of the individual user.

If thats not an issue then enjoy :)

Noisybast

A friend of mine was genuinely surprised when the uni suspended his internet access after he downloaded Matrix Revolutions from KaZaa...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Slippery PD

If its anything like our place all the ports will be blocked making getting round things like this very difficult.  Youd probably need a port scanner and something to change the ports of kazaa, but Im of the opinion that it will be difficult but not impossible to do.

A friend of mine was genuinely surprised when the uni suspended his internet access after he downloaded Matrix Revolutions from KaZaa...
Bandwidth in all situations is at uch a premium that most places will have sanctions against this.  At my place of work, its a sackable offence.

Yer Slips

Noisybast

"most places will have sanctions against this"

Yep. Made me laugh...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Demon Chicken

Oh well, it was only a thought.  Thankfully I've managed to get a program that will search all the networked computers in the uni for shared files.  Which is nice.

opaque

VampiraJen

that would indeed be a supreamly cool series....sigh.....if only.....

VampiraJen

ignore....cross tread thingy...........

longmanshort

Anyone know a good program for bypassing forewalls?

A door?
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++