Main Menu

ULTIMATE ROBOT POLL - THE QUARTER-FINALS

Started by Dandontdare, 02 September, 2008, 10:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Thanks to one and all for some great robo-nostalgia there. Many I'd forgotten, several I feel a need to revisit sometime soon!  :geek:

Nobody cared to mention Armoured Gideon, Metalzoic or Maniac 5; and of the ABC warriors, nobody voted for Steelhorn, Morrigun, Happy Shrapnel or Blackblood.

I have put through to the quarter-finals all the droids that received more than one vote. The total was actually nine, so one had to be excluded to make things work. After careful deliberation, I decided that Torque-Armada, whilst being admittedly very cool, is the least robot-like - It's a manned seige engine that happens to move on its own, rather than a robot. Sorry to Cosh & Tordelback there!

So, the pairings, for no particular reason:

RO-JAWS vs DR FEELYGOOD
TOBY vs MONGROL
JOE PINEAPPLES vs WALTER
HAMMERSTEIN vs CARLOS SANCHEZ ROBOSTOGIE

Honourable mention to King Trout's suggestion of Tom Frame, lettring droid supreme. to whom I'll dedicate this poll!

VOTE NOW!!!!

Rex Banner

Dr Feelygood beats Ro-Jaws in a good clean fight using that gel you get in hospitals.

Joe Pineapples takes out Walter with surprising difficulty after too much starch in his unmentionables.

Carlos Sanchez Robo Stogie somehow defeats Hammerstein. I don't know how but it could happen. Maybe.

And Toby. Mongrol SMUSH!

House of Usher

DR FEELYGOOD is a more cool and plausible robot than Ro-jaws, so I'll say him.
I don't know what a Toby is, so I'll go MONGROL.
JOE PINEAPPLES beats Walter hands down.
Ditto HAMMERSTEIN over Carlos Sanchez Robo-Stogie.
STRIKE !!!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Dr Feeley Good

DR FEELEY GOOD,of course
MONGROL
WALTER
HAMMERSTEIN

I, Cosh

Bah! Torque-Armada could have the lot of them.

Ro-Jaws fights dirty to get rid of Dr Feely Good.

Toby makes mincemeat of Mongrol then heads after Lara.

Joe Pineapples takes Walter out from a vantage point on Luna 1. A1.

Hammerstein is too busy being pompous and boring, so Stogie gets the drop on him. The only disappointment is that Ro-Jaws wont get a shot at the great nerk.
We never really die.

Pete Wells

ROJAWS throws shite in Dr Feelygood's Gears;
MONGROL smushes Toby into a greasy spot;
JOE PINAPPLES puts a bullet through Walter the f**king wobot from three planets away;
CARLOS SANCHEZ ROBOSTOGIE keels stoopid beeg domb hammer robot dead!

Dandontdare

Quote from: "Matthew Vic"And Toby. Mongrol SMUSH!

not sure who the vote is actually for here...

gurnard

RO-JAWS
MONGROL
JOE PINEAPPLES
CARLOS SANCHEZ ROBOSTOGIE

Mardroid

RO-JAWS - I don't know the other one. Don't know much about this one either but I like the design.
MONGROL - Mongrol, a great character. I chose Deadlock over him last round but had second thoughts later. Still I like Toby the robodog, but there's something about the Mongrol design with his giant Pacman face which does it for me.
JOE PINEAPPLES - I was tempted to choose Walter here, as he's a very funny character. He's the kind that can get irritating after a while though, and Pineapples is just incredibly cool.
HAMMERSTEIN -  I like the silly Roboestogie (and other robot characters in the Robohunter comics) but Hammerstein is just such an iconic character.

Hey, what d'ya know! I've chosen all ABC warriors. (Ok Ro-jaws isn't technically, but he was a member for a while, wasn't he?)

TordelBack

RO-JAWS shovels Dr Feelygood into the khazi.
TOBY gives Mongrol cyber-rabies after reviewing Lara's legacy programme.
JOE PINEAPPLES k-o I-W-T-M, ok?  N&V!
CARLOS SANCHEZ ROBOSTOGIE  "Ai-Ai-Ai!, Senor War Robo'!  You no hear tha' smokin' KEELS?"

Rex Banner

Quote from: "dandontdare"not sure who the vote is actually for here...

Mongrol. As in Toby got SMUSHED.

Kerrin

RO-JAWS  - Shit flinging contest?... Who you gonna call?

MONGROL - JCB face loves him and pets him and calls him George. Mongrol not mean to smush.

JOE PINEAPPLES - Tears his cathode ray freakin' head off and vents waste oil down his neck... Good work, gold star.

CARLOS SANCHEZ ROBOSTOGIE - CHEW WANNA WAR ? I'LL GIVE CHEW A STEENKING WAR !!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Toni Scandella

RO-JAWS
TOBY
WALTER
CARLOS SANCHEZ ROBOSTOGIE