Main Menu

Xmas gift to yoirself?

Started by Proudhuff, 23 December, 2021, 10:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Is it weird to wrap up a gift to yourself and stick it under the tree?
2000ad related of course!

Four of these beauties for me from Santa  :)
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

I've been buying my own gifts for years.

My in-laws do a Christmas dip for the adults. I have bought my own gift for the last 20 years. (Complete Far Side this year).

About 75% of the the gifts I get from my missus I just give her to wrap, so the kids see me open something.

I am fine with this. It avoids disappointment.
Lock up your spoons!

Tiplodocus

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/ed-brubaker-image-comics-books

I've ordered this for myself.

I don't buy them myself (though sometimes) but do try to give very specific links to what I would like because in previous years I've ended up with DVDs I already have, Star Trek:Voyager box sets and a cricket jumper from entirely the wrong club. In fact getting me the wrong thing has become a bit of a tradition now.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tjm86

I'm with EDX, or rather my wife is.  She tells me now.  In fact I nearly ended up in serious trouble the other day for winding her up saying I hadn't found anything.  Not a good idea!

Anyhoo, as to the what ...

UFO comic anthology volume 1,
William Gibson's Agency,
Another 3 Asterix books (slowly building up the hardback collection),
Darth Vader meditation chamber lego set.

She and the kids supplemented these with the obligatory jumper and sweets.

Anyway, hope everyone has had an enjoyable Christmas.  Alll the best folks.

The Doctor Alt 8

Well now I nearly have enough money to finally buy the Logitech streamcam I have had my eye on.  Then watch out.... I'll be DMing like a champion (if I can find players...)

Dandontdare

Quote from: Proudhuff on 23 December, 2021, 10:22:42 AM

Is it weird to wrap up a gift to yourself and stick it under the tree?
2000ad related of course!

Four of these beauties for me from Santa  :)

Hey, hands off, them two are mine, I recognise the photo!

It's a nice beer - I've filled one of the empty cans with plaster of paris as a permanent souvenir.

JayzusB.Christ

Now where the feck did you guys get a combination of two of the best things in the world, Dredd and beer?  Love that Jock illustration too.

I ended up accidentally gifting myself a dressing gown.  Bought one for the brother, then saw from his Christmas Day family photos that someone else had got him one, so I kept it and bought him something else.  No complaints from me; I really wanted one.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 December, 2021, 10:36:15 PM
Now where the feck did you guys get a combination of two of the best things in the world, Dredd and beer?  Love that Jock illustration too.

I ended up accidentally gifting myself a dressing gown.  Bought one for the brother, then saw from his Christmas Day family photos that someone else had got him one, so I kept it and bought him something else.  No complaints from me; I really wanted one.

The answer for me is Thought Bubble!

Couple of years ago my dad's well-used coffee percolator died so I thought, aha - perfect xmas gift. Arrived xmas eve to see a new one on the counter. My brother had visited recently. Bastard. Had to run up to the Spar to get him a bottle of malt instead. But I now own a coffee percolator.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dandontdare on 31 December, 2021, 11:06:28 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 December, 2021, 10:36:15 PM

The answer for me is Thought Bubble!

Best souvenir ever!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Proudhuff

Happily there is an Amazon wish list.... smiles all round.
DDT did a job on me