Main Menu

Prog 2375 - err Bumper Issue ** New Readers start here.

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 March, 2024, 08:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: don wiskerando on 29 March, 2024, 07:22:32 PM
QuoteProteus Vex
Why is Midnight Indicating Shame so much more powerful than others of her species?

She's a potential queen isn't she?  That's  the reason she doesn't get the urge to return to the hive.

She is a potential threat to the current queen. She mind start her own hive thus se must be neutralized.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Swerty

I quite like the art on Dredd.An old school annual type vibe.

Magnetica

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 March, 2024, 03:18:55 PMThistlebone - great serial , and artwork, didn't 'get' the ending though.

Glad it's not just me. I've read it several times now and I still don't get it.

Anyone care to explain?

don wiskerando

Do you mean the police interview bit?  That was the framing for the whole series from episode 1.

If you mean,  what happened with the characters,  the writer is killed by Yvonne by accident.  She thinks it's the director.    The villagers look like they intended to make a sacrifice but it goes wrong because of Yvonne.    The old lady at the end was the extra who was painting the tree and has lived in the village ever since.

I haven't read the first two series of thistlebone so don't know if any of this ties back to previous events, but from picking up bits and bobs on here it seems like each story is effectively stand-alone.

Proudhuff

Quote from: don wiskerando on 02 April, 2024, 01:28:29 PMDo you mean the police interview bit?  That was the framing for the whole series from episode 1.

If you mean,  what happened with the characters,  the writer is killed by Yvonne by accident.  She thinks it's the director.    The villagers look like they intended to make a sacrifice but it goes wrong because of Yvonne.    The old lady at the end was the extra who was painting the tree and has lived in the village ever since.

I haven't read the first two series of thistlebone so don't know if any of this ties back to previous events, but from picking up bits and bobs on here it seems like each story is effectively stand-alone.

Didn't get the 'WHY?'
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me