Main Menu

Not in my house, you don't!

Started by House of Usher, 28 November, 2007, 01:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Following on from the 'banned' thread, where we got onto discussing unacceptable behaviours in addition to television programmes, foodstuffs and home furnishing trends of which we disapprove...

- what has somebody done in your house that you found unacceptable?

I'll start with: people staying at my house having left coffee/tea spoons on the worktop after use, used my bread knife to cut through parcel tape to open a box, and cleaned the soles of their muddy walking boots with my washing up brush!
STRIKE !!!

IndigoPrime

While at uni, one of the people I lived with in the first year (we didn't have halls - only shared houses) ate, without exception, saveloy and chips every single night. When the chippy across the road closed on a Sunday, he'd walk to another one at the end of the street (and, every Sunday, would complain that their saveloys and chips weren't as good). But that wasn't the worst part. He'd finish his food and just leave his stuff lying around, and by that I mean knives and forks directly on the sofa.

Also, a lot of out stuff had gone missing a few months in, and the others in the house were wondering what was going on. When the saveloy-muncher was out, we sneaked into his room and found our washing-up bowl there... with over half our plates, and most of our cutlery. Nice.

Noisybast

A few years ago, a work colleague who I'll call Graham (works for his mum) gave me a lift home from work. It was a particularly fine sunny day, so he asked me if I fancied going to sit outside my local with a pint.

Knowing this guy quite well, I knew he didn't do "a" pint, so I asked him what he was going to do with his car. "I'll get a taxi and pick it up tomorrow" he assured me. Game on.

2 or 3 pints later, my then girlfriend turned up and joined us for a drink. She invites him back for his tea, which he gratefully accepts. A magnificent feast is prepared and more drinks are consumed.

By about 11:00, we're all quite merry and having quite an enjoyable evening. Graham decides it's time to leave, so I call him a cab. Said cab turns up unusually promptly and Graham heads outside.

Two minutes later, he's back. "Cab left without me". I pick up the phone to ring for another when he hisses conspiratorially: "Look, to be honest, I haven't got the money for a cab. I might just walk"

"Don't talk soft" says I "I'll lend you a tenner".
Graham looks uncomfortable with this, then acquiesces. While he's waiting for the cab, he asks where the toilet is and excuses himself.

30 seconds later, a loud clattering heralds a bunch of stuff being knocked over in the hall, followed by the sound of the front door slamming. I head outside to find the front door half open and Graham drunkenly circling his keys around the lock of his car door.

Worlessly, I take the keys off him and head back indoors. Cue heated discussion over why he can't just drive home and how I know he hasn't "only had a couple" In the end, he starts getting agressive, so I throw him and his keys out into the street.

I'd have kept hold of the keys, but he made it quite clear he wasn't leaving without them. I guess I could have punched his face in, but that would have opened up a whole new can of worms. So, I did the only thing I could - I rang my local contabulary and asked them to go and pick him up. They said they would, but (predictably) didn't.

I never invited him back.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Funt Solo

This guy came back to your house for one of our traditional after-rave chill-outs, which I think involved smoking pot till we could only blink as communication, listening to very quiet music because of the normal-life neighbours and hugging each other a lot because we were all E'd up.

And this guy, he was pissed, so he was bouncing off the walls, being obnoxious (ie drunk) and eventually passed out, not in a neat bundle in the corner, but spreadeagled right in the centre of the room.

When we awoke (three days later or something), the back door was wide open (it was Feb), the back steps were slippery with an ice rink of frozen piss, all the taps in the house were on full, and there was a pile of puke on the front path disguised to look like mud pie with earth torn from the neighbours immaculate flower beds.

That stupid, drunk tosser.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Ochs

"This guy came back to your house for one of our traditional after-rave chill-outs, which I think involved smoking pot till we could only blink as communication, listening to very quiet music because of the normal-life neighbours and hugging each other a lot because we were all E'd up"

Wow, sounds like you had an identical youth to me. I had an almost identical experience. In our case though, a drunk guy came back with us acted in an utterly obnoxious and incoherent way, offended everyone and generally ruined a pleasant chemical fuelled evening. Can't remember anything specific that he said other than repeatedly laughing and saying to himself "He He He... yeah, blackcurrent bracer" over and over again as he drank some herbal tea.

He passed out in the end. Maybe it was the same guy.
Fear leads to doubt which leads to the worst case scenario.

Floyd-the-k

I've done lots of things I'd find uncacceptable now. Thank God I don't have to put up with my early self

flip-r mk2

Leaving opened milk out of the fridge.
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

House of Usher

My boiler is located in the back bedroom (see another thread for photographic evidence) and all my boxes of comics are normally stored in there. When I was having my central heating system expanded and updated, my plumber needed to get to the boiler but the room was full of boxes - general box storage and not just comics.

I had cleared a path to the boiler through the boxes, but there were still a few photocopier boxes of 1990s 2000ads under the boiler. I offered to move them, which would have taken me under a minute. "No need" said the plumber, a 14 stone former rugby player, and promptly climbed up on two of the boxes to get closer to where he needed to be to work on the boiler.

The same guy also used one of my tea towels, which was a gift from my grandmother, to catch drips of solder when he was joining some pipes.

The annoying thing is I'm right there - anything he needs I can get for him. He only has to ask!
STRIKE !!!

Matt Timson

"He passed out in the end. Maybe it was the same guy."

I've been that guy.  I've also been the chilled out guy dealing with that guy...
Pffft...

House of Usher

My sister-in-law came to visit with her two boys. She let the littler of the two, aged 5, walk around eating an unwrapped chocolate bar, dropping soft crumbs on our new cream coloured carpet.

The night before she had run a bath for the boy, but taken off his shoes and socks in the bedroom after a day at the beach, leaving a grey, sandy patch on the floor (also cream carpet) the size of a dinner plate. After vacuuming, we had to use carpet shampoo to get out the worst of the stain.

This was all on the last night & morning of her visit. She'd been good up to that point, but I think because it was the end of the visit she stopped caring and thought she could get away with going back to being a troglodyte.
STRIKE !!!

Banners

Changing a baby's nappy on the hallway floor. No apologies, no acknowledgement or light-hearted, good natured excuses, they just did it - meaning I had to step over said baby's stinking, runny crust in order to get to the front door. Urgh.

M@

Peter Wolf

Not had many problems with people misbehaving here so nothing to report.

apart from when i was having a dispute with my weird Mexican neighbour called Hector who also went under the name of dickhead.I cant remember exactly what it was about but i had to knock on his door.His door is right next to mine.When i was having a go at him once i stood back a bit so that i wasnt standing right over him.I was standing within the threshold of this house.

So what does he do ? He starts to walk forward and puts his foot in side the house as if to walk forwards into the house.

"Whats that" i said pointing at his foot."Get your fucking foot out of here ! If i want to invite you inside i will ask you " Bloody rude cheeky bastard.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Actually, I remember an earlier visit when I lived in a different (rented) house and she only had the one child, aged 3. One afternoon she over-fed him on sausages and beans until he puked because his stomach was full.

On the last day, as they were leaving, he got bored standing around with his coat on waiting for his mum to decide to leave, and started playing behind the full-length blinds in front of the sliding doors. His mother called unconvincingly for him to come out of there but didn't go so far as to get up out of her seat, so he ignored her, which made me very cross - with her!

If she had followed through with going home after getting his coat on, he wouldn't have been misbehaving in the first place, and leading him away instead of remonstrating with him would have got quicker results with less fuss. She's forever giving her kids mixed messages which always messes with their heads.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Usher, you need to pre-emptively and pro-actively (sentence enhancers! spicy!) ban me and mine from ever coming to your house.  Your cream carpets would simply curl up and die as we approached.