Main Menu

Not in my house, you don't!

Started by House of Usher, 28 November, 2007, 01:36:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

My next question is this:  What kind of fool puts a cream carpet in the bathroom?

On a lighter note, it's always amusing to see people without kids bemoaning the way that other people look after theirs.  Just you wait, you smug bastards.  Just you wait!

;)
Pffft...

Richmond Clements

Yup- cream carpets! You can tell you ain't got children, Ush!

You're still right to complain though!

Peter Wolf

This  didnt happen here but it still counts.

When i was about 16 a friend was having a party in a flat that i used to spend a lot of time.This happened two or three times and they were always chaotic and full to the brim with people that i did and didnt know.Because Hastings is small you tend to know who everyone is plus you always used to get different subsets of people like mods etc in those days.One particular subset were Scooter boys who were a bit like mods but not quite the same.I sort of knew them but didnt like them much.

Anyway about 10 of them arrived at the party and they joined in as the place was open.After a while they all decided to lock themselves into the Kitchen and proceed to completely smash it up.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

What kind of fool puts a cream carpet in the bathroom?

Not this kind. Cream coloured carpet in the two bedrooms that have beds in, oatmeal (cream) carpet in the lounge, and vinyl flooring in the bathroom.

What kind of fool takes off sandy socks and shoes in the bedroom? Surely only the troglodyte kind, kids or no kids.
STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

Our landlord put a cream carpet in the living room. He used to have two Alsatians and a child. It's a miracle it isn't destroyed, although it far too much hard work keeping it clean

And we only have one Alsatian (and no babies)

So unless you're some sort of floating entity..cream(beige/sand/oatmeal/hessian/taupe) is a bad idea

House of Usher

Two years on our lounge carpet isn't very clean. But having a pale carpet makes a difference to the light in the room. Being east-west facing, our house doesn't get direct natural light except at particular times of the day in particular rooms, so having a pale carpet makes the space feel bigger and less oppressive.

We're not obsessive about keeping the carpets clean. We just don't do stupid things like treading in chocolate crumbs or flinging sand about. We don't make visitors leave their shoes in the hallway or anything like that.
STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

We installed a Mission Impossible-like set of harnesses suspended from the ceiling in the front room. That way our guests can enjoy the comfortable surroundings without fear of dirtying the carpet

Great ice-breaker too

Peter Wolf

If i had my way i would ban the wearing of shoes in the house as i never wear shoes in the house and shoes in the family house have always been banned.

The problem is that people think its the most absurd thing you could ask them to do and completely unreasonable so i gave up on the idea.

People who dont clear up after spilling drink on the lounge carpet or make a piss poor attempt at clearing it up leaving a horrible stain that i end up cleaning up.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Funt Solo

Carpets are a bad idea.  Wooden floors - easy to clean.  Less germs.  Less hassle.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Ochs

"If i had my way i would ban the wearing of shoes in the house as i never wear shoes in the house and shoes in the family house have always been banned.

The problem is that people think its the most absurd thing you could ask them to do and completely unreasonable so i gave up on the idea."

We've overcome this problem by banning all gravity limited forms of locomotion such as walking, running, jumping etc.

All of our visitors, their children and their pets are expected to fly/levitate around the house. Consequently we get no visitors, our life is far more peaceful and our carpets last for years.
Fear leads to doubt which leads to the worst case scenario.

SamuelAWilkinson

Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

WoD

Someone pissed in my parents bed room the night before they were due back from holidays when I was much younger and living at home.  And to make it better they didn't tell me...only found out an hour or so before they were due back and had to wash it out and dry it with a hair dryer...with a hangover as well.

Hoagy

We used to be absolute bastards to our mate's parent's houses when we partyed in them whilst they were on holiday. I instigated a massive food fight.

We'd empty the fridge and the pantry and the liquor cabinet, we were lovely. Not.

More recently, the drummer in a band I am in, decided to fix the flush on someones toilet who we were visiting.

What happened was he disappears to the bathroom, in mid-after-pub-sioree. Fair enough, but he's gone for ages and we can hear the cistern refilling forever, so I go and take a look.

What I find is him stood over the cistern with his finger on the plastic ballcock connection thingy.

I ask him to move his finger to inspect the damage and a jet of water shoots up into the ceiling. HeadF**K!

The water is everywhere and those who actually occupied the flat, though easy going about it were no less perturbed

I think some guy that Barbara( flat-owner) knew was a plumber and things didn't get too pricey.

The drummer in question is a computer technician. Obviously, he thought a bog would be a doddle.

Twit.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

vzzbux

Soaked someones carpet once while he was on leave and put cress seeds over it then turned up the heat.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.