Main Menu

Cover Puns

Started by Funt Solo, 27 March, 2024, 04:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Bring Me the Dredd of Carlos Ezquerra

A homage prog in which Tharg challenges his art droids to draw a story in the style of King Carlos.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Magnam Force

Lost behind enemy lines, straggling Souther trooper Harry Callahan's life is saved by the accidental discovery of a GI pistol.  But what do you do when your commanding officer is a talking gun, with ideas other than getting you back to safety?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Death by Chocolate

When Brit-Cit's Chief Judge Cadbury and his aide Yorkie visit MC1 to attend Hershey's commemoration service, crime boss Mal Teser has other ideas.  Ideas that involve a certain alien superfiend and a giant fondue display.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Alien Sex Fiend

The Olympic Games most-watched event has a new contestant.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Who?'s the Boss
An obscure Calhab artist unexpectedly becomes President of a major MC1 corporation.

Who?'s on First
Hijinks ensue as the Who? family move into a plush residence on MC1's famous First Avenue, along with Ma Who?'s sister, Beverly Hilbillie.

I think I've gone from puns to bad TV Guide entries.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

paddykafka

Harry 20's High on the Rock.

Harry becomes addicted to crack-cocaine.

Funt Solo

Well, I have to paste it in here as well, then. Love it...

Quote from: Le Fink on 29 March, 2024, 01:42:46 PM

Inspired by Funt's cover puns thread.

Sinister Feckster!

A couple of gunsharks arrive on Craggy Island. After Reservoir Dogs, and Father Ted of course.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Exceedingly Lewd Rake

The origin story of (Mr.) Harry Kipling (Not Yet Deceased).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Le Fink

Cheers - Minister Dexter could also apply.

Funt Solo

I like Minister Dexter - could be a solo spin-off. Or, years in the future somehow, Sinister tracks down Dexter to find him rocking a clerical collar. Or he's undercover. Whatever - it's a cool tagline.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Yes, Minister Dexter and the sequel, Yes, Prime Minister Dexter.

Later, tired of wetwork and politics, the gun shark may become a trawlerman in Finisterre Dexter.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Le Fink

It does have a ring to it. This is reminiscent of squaxx sending in their drawings of various plays on Judge Dredd - and other characters. Pretty sure I recall a Judge Fred (Flintstone).

JohnW

Rogue Trooper gets heroically drunk and allows the Traitor General to slip away, condemning his buddies to synthetic disembodied existence.

Pissed on his chips
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

rogue69

Rogue Cooper

Rogue single handedly tries to revive the barrel making industry
or
Rogue finds out he's the clone of Tommy Cooper & heads out to save Nu Earth with the use of bad magic tricks

Funt Solo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 April, 2023, 03:05:45 PMthe story of how an intergalactic gladiator came to be covered in soft fur: Black Hawk Down.

Ah! Naturally, we've sort of done this before.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++