Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robprosser

IndigoPrime

99/100 arrived with subs just over a couple of weeks back. So I imagine 101/102 will rock up towards the end of next week for them.

Zenith 666

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 26 July, 2021, 09:18:03 AM
Anyone had Red Seas volume 4? It's been advertised on the back on the last couple of progs, but it's not up on Hachette's website yet (or Forbidden Planet). It'd be maddening to miss it.

Turned up on store shelves a few days late here in Ireland.Hachette have been spotty at best when it comes to delivering to store or subs.2000Ad might have been better handling distribution themselves.The gulf in professionalism between the Two companies is staggering.

Tomwe

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 26 July, 2021, 09:18:03 AM
Anyone had Red Seas volume 4? It's been advertised on the back on the last couple of progs, but it's not up on Hachette's website yet (or Forbidden Planet). It'd be maddening to miss it.
In case you've missed it, now on the hachette site

Barrington Boots

I picked one up off ebay in the end, as the 3rd Red Seas volume went OOP very fast (although it then came back in print)
I see Mercy Heights is up next, if that's in the Ultimate Collection I look forward to a hardback Night Zero collection!*

* I actually would like this
You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

Yeah, Mercy Heights is an odd one. I'll give it a go but recall it being a bit of a damp squib at the time and not as compelling as Medivac. The bit I liked best from the MH arc was when Tor Cyan went off on his tod. That I'd have rather liked collected.

Richard

Tor Cyan was collected in the floppies with Megs 316-318.

IndigoPrime

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 August, 2021, 04:06:36 PM
I meant in HC in this collection.

It's not impossible. Mercy Heights is 199 pages, so there's some room for some Tor Cyan (and Tor Cyan is surely more than half the appeal of collecting Mercy Heights)!

The Kev Walker TC material is 48 pages; the Jock material is 36. The Colin Wilson stuff is unrelated to anything else, so that's an easy ommission. Jock's not listed on the cover though (and you've got to think surely they would include him if they could!) so... who knows?
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

There's always the possibility of TC solo stuff in the extension extension I guess. Possibly combined with The War Machine?

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 August, 2021, 05:06:19 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 August, 2021, 04:06:36 PM
I meant in HC in this collection.

It's not impossible. Mercy Heights is 199 pages, so there's some room for some Tor Cyan (and Tor Cyan is surely more than half the appeal of collecting Mercy Heights)!

The Kev Walker TC material is 48 pages; the Jock material is 36. The Colin Wilson stuff is unrelated to anything else, so that's an easy ommission. Jock's not listed on the cover though (and you've got to think surely they would include him if they could!) so... who knows?

Think our biggest volumes have been around the 260 pages of strip mark so that'd be our largest volume so far by some margin. It does feel like Tor Cyan is a strong contender for bulking out War Machine in the 2nd extension though.

Dark Jimbo

I forgot War Machine was confirmed for the collection. Yes, it makes sense that Tor Cyan could be collected there.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

the book does look fairly chunky on the back page of the prog so who knows

IndigoPrime

War Machine + Tor Cyan would be a definite cherry pick. War Machine + Fr1day stories... less so.

davidbishop

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 August, 2021, 06:55:06 PM
I forgot War Machine was confirmed for the collection. Yes, it makes sense that Tor Cyan could be collected there.

Particularly with the Tor Cyan/Rogue crossover story drawn by Dave Gibbons for [original] Prog 2000!