Main Menu

Meg 425 - The God of Death

Started by broodblik, 21 October, 2020, 10:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: DrJomster on 25 October, 2020, 11:18:08 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 October, 2020, 09:42:45 PM
I mean seriously when was the last time a Meg without Lawless get this good?

Good point! Great to see such a strong Meg! Some serious talent on show from the droids.

Interesting shades of Dillon (p5) and MacNeil (first few pages) in Cornwell's Dredd. Things are really coming along well. Good work that droid! All of the art is top notch this Meg, to be fair.

Great Magazine and a call out for letters, are you listening Butt'man?  :)

The Cornwell droid's picked up some great tips from the Mighty McNeil, those action silhouettes and such, its all good, anyone thinking of ditching their sub just no should think twice! 
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Was trying to put off buying this until I've paid my tax, but the Art Droid threads reminded me of how good Higgins is on Dreadnoughts, and I caved. I'm sending the Revenue after you, C.YNWA.

This is an incredibly strong comic, helped along by my love for Bob Byrne and delight at rediscovering Tales I'd forgotten. I have no idea what's going on in The Returners (only caught the odd episode before), but it looks nice (great designs on the BritCit bikes, although maybe 4 splash pages in an episode is pushing it pacewise), and the rest is -clichéd chef's kiss-. I haven't even started into the articles yet.

Dredd is just, fecking hell, why does nobody else write full-bore action Dredd like this? You see 'Beeny' in the title,  you're thinking oooh America IV, thoughtful interpersonal drama and socio-political commentary, instead it's pages and pages of shooty robots, stub guns and moronic citizens exploding and it is wonderful. Just utterly wonderful. Hats off to Cornwell, there's not many artists that could talk me down from bemoaning the switch from MacNeil, but here I am, besotted.

No matter how much fun Carroll, Williams, Niemand, McConville et al deliver, Wagner still towers over his strip, unassailable great.

Megatropolis. Metropolis meets LA Confidential, sign me up, it's the strip Taylor was born to draw, delicious SF noir dripping with corruption. But I'm sorry, I know I'm alone here and I've tired to adapt my aporoach, but the endless name dropping still pisses me off by constantly pulling me out if the story. Who will this new character be, oh look it's Pappy Giant, it's Volt, it's Faro, it's Narcos, it's Booth, it's PJ Maybe, it's Sinfeld, it's Cal, it's not a Sebek mask it's a drokking Klegg isn't it, make it stop, let me enjoy this story.  It's the only flaw in an otherwise completely stonking strip. Ah well.

Dreadnoughts is just spot-on, I'd go so far as to say it's Carroll's best work to date, and Higgins & Hurst rise to the challenge with a believable mix of the present and future.

Deliverance looks amazing, shiny digital banishing any of my lingering reservations about Percival's art being too heavy. I've no idea what the backstory is here, but I see Warhammer 40K, Alien and the Dark Judges, and no more is necessary. It works fine for me.

That's one hell of a lot of top comics pages for less than €5 digital. I don't think the Meg has been this strong in years: maybe ever.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 November, 2020, 04:57:16 PM
Was trying to put off buying this until I've paid my tax, but the Art Droid threads reminded me of how good Higgins is on Dreadnoughts, and I caved. I'm sending the Revenue after you, C.YNWA.

I apologise for nothing!

A.Cow

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 November, 2020, 04:57:16 PM
That's one hell of a lot of top comics pages for less than €5 digital. I don't think the Meg has been this strong in years: maybe ever.

Seconded.  It's phenomenal at the moment.