Main Menu

Interactive Dreddverse Map

Started by Funt Solo, 30 July, 2023, 07:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

I have created an Interactive Dreddverse Map.

- The upper map controls the lower map.
 - You can click on locations in the lower map to get more data.
 - There's a key tucked away in the bottom left.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

That's a handy resource, Funt, and it looks good too. Bookmarked for future reference.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IndigoPrime

Havn being up Akureyri way is an odd one. I never realised that was the case from the strip. (I don't remember much about it, TBF.)

Nice map though.

Funt Solo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 July, 2023, 11:36:12 PMHavn being up Akureyri way is an odd one.

I centered it on the Mývatn Nature Baths, based on something in the script, and keeping it a bit remote from Reykyavik (due to their being a more centralized Justice force referred to).

Also, I had to do best guesses/clues with a lot of this stuff. Except Krong Island and Hell Gate, which had actual coordinates. Oh, and New Jakarta had a vector map in Regicide.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Sure. FWIW, I wasn't suggesting an error. It's just I found it odd that a strip centred on that country was in that location. (Mind you, Mrs G, who's Icelandic, read a bit of it and was more broadly <narrows eyes> at the entire thing, so...)

Funt Solo

Havn was definitely an odd fish.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

jrdd

Hi Funt, just wanted to say thanks for doing this, what a great piece of work!  It's interesting seeing the stories indexed this way, and easy to browse around. Cheers!

Funt Solo

Quote from: jrdd on 02 August, 2023, 06:43:01 PMHi Funt, just wanted to say thanks for doing this, what a great piece of work!  It's interesting seeing the stories indexed this way, and easy to browse around. Cheers!

Thanks, jrdd - that's really nice to hear.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

I created a Notes page, where you can see the various sources used for the project.

If anyone happens to be using the map and is thinking "wait a minute - why isn't [insert story here] listed for this location?", then do please let me know, so that I can add it.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

A work of great beauty and simple navigation, thank you to the Board's leading archivist and librarian of Thrill Power.