Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 18 June, 2021, 07:21:29 PM
Bill Gates: So, you see, dear, now I can track them. This latest one, see, he lives in a house boat just here!
Melinda Gates: [Says nothing, as they separated last month and so contractually aren't in the same location.]
Bill Gates: And this one, see: he's in a Greggs. It's a place for selling grease products - they have them in north England.

:lol:
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

"... Another writer again agreed with all my generalities, but said that as an inveterate skeptic I have closed my mind to the truth.  Most notably I have ignored the evidence for an Earth that is six thousand years old.  Well, I haven't ignored it; I considered the purported evidence and *then* rejected it.  There is a difference, and this is a difference, we might say, between prejudice and postjudice.  Prejudice is making a judgment before you have looked at the facts.  Postjudice is making a judgment afterwards.  Prejudice is terrible, in the sense that you commit injustices and you make serious mistakes.  Postjudice is not terrible.  You can't be perfect of course; you may make mistakes also.  But it is permissible to make a judgment after you have examined the evidence.  In some circles it is even encouraged."
      -- Carl Sagan, The Burden of Skepticism
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

milstar

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 June, 2021, 07:56:06 AM

"... Another writer again agreed with all my generalities, but said that as an inveterate skeptic I have closed my mind to the truth.  Most notably I have ignored the evidence for an Earth that is six thousand years old.  Well, I haven't ignored it; I considered the purported evidence and *then* rejected it.  There is a difference, and this is a difference, we might say, between prejudice and postjudice.  Prejudice is making a judgment before you have looked at the facts.  Postjudice is making a judgment afterwards.  Prejudice is terrible, in the sense that you commit injustices and you make serious mistakes.  Postjudice is not terrible.  You can't be perfect of course; you may make mistakes also.  But it is permissible to make a judgment after you have examined the evidence.  In some circles it is even encouraged."
      -- Carl Sagan, The Burden of Skepticism

This is why I say - trust the science. Trust the scientist? Depends on the scientist.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You are Michael Gove and I claim my five pounds
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 20 June, 2021, 06:16:39 PM
Fossilised remains of a prehistoric rhino discovered in China that was "the size of six elephants".

That's one big baldy horse right there.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Lorenzo

Supersurf or the Henley Regatta? Chopper for the next Olympics!

https://www.bbc.com/news/av-embeds/57610362/vpid/p09mjgyd

edit: hmm, dunno how to embed but the link works...

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

milstar

I am waiting for the device that can render people and things invisible, ever since HG Wells; now I am obsessed over it.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

milstar

Tjm86

hmmm ... looks like the spambots are back at work.  Still, at least it's a bit more coherent than some of the Russian architecture sites we had not long back ...

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: furnitopiadubre on 17 July, 2021, 10:07:14 AM

The catalog which filled diverse items furniture composes only first-class factory products...

...and english questionable grammar type wordings.

Now I know how Ed Reardon feels...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Quote from: Tjm86 on 17 July, 2021, 10:10:19 AM
hmmm ... looks like the spambots are back at work.  Still, at least it's a bit more coherent than some of the Russian architecture sites we had not long back ...

Hmmm...A 2000 AD / Ikea crossover range of furniture could have potential.

Judge Bed?

Robohunter Reclining Chair etc...?

Tjm86

Strontium Bog?

Nemesis the Wardrobe?

Sinister Deckchair?