Main Menu

35 YEARS YOUNG! Brand new Chris Weston cover to crown anniversary Prog!

Started by Molch-R, 30 January, 2012, 01:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molch-R

Forget the reigns of mortal monarchs or gargantuan gatherings to witness your feeble athletic attempts – there's only ONE event in 2012 worth celebrating!

We're kicking off a month of festivities to mark the 35th year since Tharg the Mighty himself bestowed Thrill-power upon Earthlets everywhere! Yes, 2000 AD is 35 years old this month!

With the official 2000 AD 35th birthday party coming up this weekend at the sold-out SFX Weekender in Prestatyn, we're officially kicking things off by revealing one of the TWO zarjaz covers that will be gracing the anniversary prog – first up is this beauty by legendary art droid Chris Weston! This cornucopia of characters brings Brian Bolland's classic cover, used on the front of 2000 AD history title Thrillpower Overload, bang up to date with Defoe, Zombo, Stickleback, Shakara, Absalom and Dirty Frank amongst many others.

The bumper 48-page Prog 1771 goes on sale 22 February with a choice of two variant covers, a FREE bagged special gift and a truly galaxy-spinning line-up!

Things kick off with continuing thrills 'Judge Dredd: Eve of Destruction' by John Wagner and Ben Willsher, and 'Nikolai Dante: The Wedding of Jena Makarov' by Robbie Morrison and Simon Fraser. Then there's the last episodes of 'Strontium Dog: The Project' by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra and 'Absalom: Ghosts of London' by Gordon Rennie and Tiernen Trevallion, as well as a new Grey Area story – 'Personal Space' – by Dan Abnett and Lee Carter.

And then there's two very special tales exclusive to this issue: the amazing creative pairings of Andy Diggle and Colin Wilson plus Pat Mills and Henry Flint present 'What if...?' – the 2000 AD multiverse is infinite, Earthlets, so prepare to be blown away by these flights of incredible fancy!

So join us this month as we celebrate three and a half scrotnig Thrill-powered decades!

http://www.2000adonline.com/news/30-01-2012/35_years_young/

judda fett

James Stacey

Will subscriber issues have both covers (like with the ABC variant covers a while back) ?
Its a cracking looking cover.

Proudhuff

The bumper 48-page Prog 1771 goes on sale 22 February with a choice of two variant covers, a FREE bagged special gift and a truly galaxy-spinning line-up!

Special gift? Its a space spinner isn't it? Does that mean the prog will be allowed in Tescos?
DDT did a job on me

Spaceghost

That is brilliant!

I'm really excited about this. What's the free gift? Please let it be a space spinner!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Van Dom

That's bloody amazing, that cover.
This may be the prog that makes me say "bugger it" to the cutbacks and gets me back in the fold!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Molch-R

Quote from: James Stacey on 30 January, 2012, 01:55:45 PM
Will subscriber issues have both covers (like with the ABC variant covers a while back) ?

I'm afraid not, no.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Molch-R on 30 January, 2012, 02:16:33 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 30 January, 2012, 01:55:45 PM

I'm afraid not, no.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. Ok then, how much will it cost so I know how much money I'll be wasting buying the variant?

TordelBack

That cover is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.  No lie.

COMMANDO FORCES

That cover is superb, reminds of of that commission KevLev did for strontium71.
I wonder who will be doing the alternate cover, my money is on one of the Grand Masters, so I'm gonna go for Mike McMahon!

Trout

W. R. Logan

Superb cover.
So month of festivities is a holiday camp party and two covers.
I resisted paying out for an expensive weekend away now will I be able to resist buying 2 Progs.
Poor Commando Forces will have to buy four Progs 8-?

COMMANDO FORCES

You know me too you well but I think I'll be heading in the 3 of each direction  :lol:

Molch-R

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 30 January, 2012, 03:31:02 PM
Superb cover.
I resisted paying out for an expensive weekend away now will I be able to resist buying 2 Progs.

"We're kicking off a month of festivities"

As opposed to just kicking off. Which is all you seem to do.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Molch-R on 30 January, 2012, 03:46:18 PM
Quote from: W. R. Logan on 30 January, 2012, 03:31:02 PM
Superb cover.

"We're kicking off a month of festivities"

As opposed to just kicking off. Which is all you seem to do.

Woooooh!!! Oh no you di'n't!!!