Main Menu

Gaps In My Collection/Happenings In The Dreddverse

Started by Pioneer, 21 August, 2020, 09:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Dead Zone is two or three years after Day of Chaos, and a couple of years before Machine Law.

Funt Solo

I don't know what's in trades and what isn't - you'll need to check other sources for that.

Terror Rising (2015, meg) is part of the America saga, and stands out for me as essential Dredd.

El Maldito (2015, meg) isn't essential but it's some wonderful Ezquerra art.

Ladykiller (2016, prog) is PJ Maybe.

I'm totally in love with Monkey Business (2016, meg), which introduces an orang-utan jimp called Heston. I think the first follow-up is Ape Escape (2017, meg), then Krong Island (2018, meg).

I haven't read past there.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sintec

I think those 3 Monkey themed tales are all collected in Nobody Apes The Law one of those volumes I keep considering grabbing but haven't quite got around to yet.

abelardsnazz

It would be good if the remaining PJ Maybe stories were to be collected - are there enough for a full volume?

broodblik

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 23 August, 2020, 11:19:40 AM
It would be good if the remaining PJ Maybe stories were to be collected - are there enough for a full volume?

I am sure that they can do a Complete PJ, it will be a great volume
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

The problem with PJ Maybe is that very signifcant parts of his story are bound up in Tour of Duty and then Day of Chaos, and it'd make no sense to just collect the PJ epsiodes of those stories. He's even part of the set-up to Dark Justice. If you want to skip over those and round off the PJ saga, you'll also want to read 'Serial Serial' before hitting Ladykiller - but I don't think that one has been collected.

So to cover the full run of Maybe, you'd need the following trades:
The Complete PJ Maybe
Tour of Duty: the Backlash
Tour of Duty: Mega City Justice
Day of Chaos: Eve of Destruction
Day of Chaos: Endgame
Dark Justice

-and then you'd need Serial Serial + Ladykiller, which would just about fill a floppy-and-a-half, but not enough for a trade collection.

The least worst option might be to do a new 'Complete PJ' which has selected epsiodes from ToD and DoC and then a couple of text pages top explain what's going on around the edges.