Main Menu

John Higgins or John Ridgway - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 25

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 June, 2021, 06:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Two more legends.

Higgins carved out a milestone in the vast cityscapes of the Democracy storyline, and possibly the best ever colour art in an Annual in Message from Marta etc, and is on absolutely flying form on Dreadnoughts currently.

But even so, I think little will ever top The Dead Man, Alzheimer's Block and Summer Magic in my affections.

So it's Ridgway 3 : 2 Higgins.

Rogue Judge

John Higgins 3 : John Ridgway 2

Tough call...I could go either way, both fantastic.

Higgins Dredd and painted works are a thing of beauty...but if I could own a single page from either of these two, it would be from The Dead Man.

Colin YNWA

Last day and this one is turning into a vital tussle in the overall tourney as we enter the last full week and I think(?) its close. Get any last minute votes in they may change things.

So to my vote...hmmm.. tough one this but much as I love John Higgins work on Dredd and his recent turn on Dreadnaughts I can't look past The Dead Man and those early Summer Magic series so I have to go to the wide eyes and brutalised children:

John Higgins 2 : John Ridgway 3

Colin YNWA

Oh and I've just counted up in prep for the morning and it is VERY close so any last minute votes will almost certainly change things!

I, Cosh

Ridgway - 19. 19. N-n-n-n-nineteen. Oh, wait...

A big bout on the face of things: The Dead Man faces off against the Last of the Bad Guys.

My initial reaction here is a whitewash for Higgins. However, I realise that a lot of my love for his work is about the colours. That palette of greens, pinks and oranges that nobody else dares to use. Which isn't all his own work.

Ridgway has his own very different, very atmospheric style but apart from The Dead Man and The Raggedy Man I'm not sure I really love anything else. I even prefer Steve Parkhouse's take on Luke Kirby.

Higgins 4 - 1 Ridgway
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well well well. This one was interesting Jiohn Higgins burst into a decent early lead but then John Ridgway slowly pulled it back and eventually pulled slightly ahead. A miss out on my part had it as a tie going into the last day and so I thought Cosh's vote had carried Ridgway across the line BUT no I spotted my error and by another narrow margin John Ridgway takes this.

Overall two very narrow victories, this one and Glenn Fabry's over Clint Langley might ultimately decide this tourney? As we go into the last full week Classic Team have done the hard work and pulled back level.

Current Team 12.5 : Classic Team 12.5

Current Team 1082 : Classic Team 1159*

*still need to check these!