Main Menu

Stone Killers v The Killing - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 02

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 July, 2021, 06:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Stone Killers v The Killing - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 02

Into the Qualifying groups and kicking off with the first two ties from the Long Stories Region, Group 1

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

The Stone Killers - more info

Vs.

The Killing - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 23rd July and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why
on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

The Killing for me.

Colin your link for The Killing take us to the ZX Spectrum Game. The Killing originally was published in prog 350-359. It was also published in the Agency Files Vol 2: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB300
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

moogie101

The Killing  slightly biased as the first SD story I ever read and remains one of my favourites.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 20 July, 2021, 06:46:11 AM
The Killing for me.

Colin your link for The Killing take us to the ZX Spectrum Game. The Killing originally was published in prog 350-359. It was also published in the Agency Files Vol 2: https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB300

QuoteOh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

And sometimes they are done for the just plain fun of it! Wait until you see some of the others!

Magnetica

Barrington Boots

Definitely The Killing for me. Stone Killers has it's moments but I think it loses it's way a bit with at the brewery nonsense. The Killing is classic Johnny and Wulf action with a great cast of lunatics.

Weapon of choice? Napalm Blister Blaster
Permitted additional weapon? Bigger Napalm Blister Blaster
You're a dark horse, Boots.

sheridan

The Killing - similar to moogie, this was the first complete Stront story I ever read (The Moses Quest Quest was the first one I read some of, but I missed progs so it was some time until I read the whole lot).

AlexF

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

IndigoPrime

Stone Killers is good, but does feel a bit like a strip past its peak, where it had hit absurdly dizzy highs and was therefore having to make do sitting in a stupor, having a bit of a come-down.

The Killing is in some ways a bit by-the-numbers, but it's really tightly written, with a great mix of action and absurdity that gets the balance just right. So: The Killing.

Dark Jimbo

The Stone Killers has all the ingredients for a classic - Durham, Middenface, some distinct baddies, callbacks to the past with the legacy of the Stixes... but it just feels a bit tired and by-the-numbers. I'm not sure Grant's heart was really in if by this point.

So it's The Killing for me, an avowed classic.
@jamesfeistdraws

Southstreeter

The Killing though I did like the bad guys in Stone Killers.

The format has already lost me. Qualifiers? Thought we were on annuals and specials this week. Oh well, best just roll with it.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Southstreeter on 20 July, 2021, 01:05:06 PM
The format has already lost me. Qualifiers? Thought we were on annuals and specials this week. Oh well, best just roll with it.

We are AND the first games in 4 other regions. Just rolling with it is a fine option but if you want to try to make head or tail (and Jez I just hope I can) there's a spreadsheet here...

spreadsheet