Main Menu

The Trailer Thread

Started by radiator, 16 November, 2011, 02:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 May, 2019, 05:59:28 PM
Full trailer for the new Swamp Thing TV series, about which I am cautiously optimistic. Production troubles notwithstanding, Verheiden is originally a comic book guy, with some good TV stuff to his name over the years.

It looks interesting. They seem to be setting up Abby as the protagonist, so I'm curious to see how they use Swampy.

Verheiden's Aliens comics were good. I don't think I've read anything else by him.

Is this going to be shown in the UK or is it like the Doom Patrol show?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CalHab on 29 May, 2019, 03:09:55 PM
Is this going to be shown in the UK or is it like the Doom Patrol show?

Currently like Doom Patrol. The consensus seems to be that it will probably end up on Netflix at some point...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

moly

Has doom patrol been announced as a Netflix series in the future

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: moly on 29 May, 2019, 03:45:46 PM
Has doom patrol been announced as a Netflix series in the future

No... but since Titans is on Netflix and Doom Patrol (sort of) spins off out of that, better informed people than me seem to think it's likely to end up there.

JayzusB.Christ

Odd to see a dark-haired Abby, but I suppose you're not going to find any young actresses with snow-white hair
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

wedgeski

Colin YNWA

Wow. Look I know its not their business model but man isn't it a shame that's not getting a cinema release!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 May, 2019, 04:56:26 PM
Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. That looks gorgeous.

Looking forward to this. If not having to worry much about distribution cost and big marketing campaigns means more faithful continuations/adaptations, I'm for this production model sacrificing any cinema release.

TordelBack

How can such a thing be!  :o

I visited a travelling exhibition of (largely) Dark Crystal puppets and props in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, presumably not long after its release: they were utterly extraordinary. That something so unique and visually complex could return to the screen... Blimey.

M.I.K.

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 May, 2019, 07:58:02 AM
I visited a travelling exhibition of (largely) Dark Crystal puppets and props in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, presumably not long after its release: they were utterly extraordinary.

Most likely "Muppets, Monsters & Magic", a few years afterwards. I saw it in when it was in Edinburgh.

TordelBack

So I get Dench and McKellen, reliable ways to class up any joint (Chronicles of Riddick & X-Men 3 excepted), but what is the idea of putting James Corden in everything? I just don't understand. In the vanishingly unlikely event that I had any desire to watch Cats he would enough to put me off on his own, before ever I set eyes on a CGI furry.

sheridan

The Irish Times gives a viewpoint on the Cats trailer...

Not that I'm about to hand any money to Andrew Lloyd-Webber anyway...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 19 July, 2019, 09:52:48 PM
The Irish Times gives a viewpoint on the Cats trailer...

Not that I'm about to hand any money to Andrew Lloyd-Webber anyway...

That's hilarious!

Both the commentary and the trailer.

Oh my God what were they thinking???

TordelBack

Wait till you see the Box Office, it'll be massive. Thing is, I've always hated - no, been repelled by -  the costumes and makeup in Cats, and the stupid slinky dancing so the hideous CGI designs don't really make much difference to me. But James Corden...