Main Menu

Friday chat - what's happening with you?

Started by Bolt-01, 30 August, 2019, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Just back from Tipperary where I went for a wedding, and feck me but it really is a long way, when you're on a 125cc bike.  Nice, traditional wedding, marred slightly by the priest using the ceremony to rant against non-Catholic marriages and how yoga and crystals won't save you (but talking to dead man up a stick will). He approached me after the ceremony, I braced myself but it turned out he wanted to look at my bike, being a former biker himself.  He told me he'd drunkenly crashed about 7 or 8 times in his younger days.

Also got a lift to my B&B in the small hours by a local and left my phone in his car.  Spent hours doing old-fashioned detective work to find his house and eventually, after driving down many winding country roads and knocking on doors I got it back.  Can't believe it's only Saturday.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

shaolin_monkey

Going on a motorboat for a spin around a nearby island shortly, followed by food and booze and bingo at one of those hipster places that seem to think its somehow zany. I'm just there for the booze. Let's hope that's not cinnamon infused schnapps or some shit.

Tomorrow I am praying I am not too hungover as I desperately need to practice. My harp tutor gave me a right bollocking on Tuesday for not working on a tricky grade six piece that's been giving me grief for months.

Saturday night should be a laugh - snagged some super-cheap tickets for my partner and I for the musical of Little Miss Sunshine at the theatre.

Sunday is going to be full steam ahead with the studies, both harp and the science of climate change course.

I'm  up to module four on that climate change course at the mo, and looking at some crazy computer models that dissect the Earth for a mile up and a mile down, chopping it into little squares all the way around the globe, and appliing crazy physics to each to represent atmosphere, water, land use, temperatures and humidity, ice albedo, ocean currents, wind currents, and goodness knows what else. Each square interacts and informs the other, so when the supercomputer crunches the numbers it can then tell us how fucked we all are.

Fun times!

Proudhuff

I was planning on a Saturday of cleaning then playing host to a couple of house guests, on the downside they have cancelled, on the upside they have cancelled! So minimum cleaning and maximum sleeping/ drinking/ reading til seeing my boys and my brothers for a family lunch on sunday... and I'm off Monday :D Yabawza!!
DDT did a job on me

von Boom

Cleaning the house tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll meet standards and be rewarded by being let loose for a pint and a curry.

Hawkmumbler

moly

Weekend starting well for me got replacement heads for my PCs dredd delivered today from sideshow both in perfect condition and a date night on Saturday to look forward to

TordelBack

Bah, work. Although last weekend was loads of wholesome fun (among other thingsI I took my 4-year-old niece for her first ever sea-swim, which seemed a bit odd since she lives in Ireland's oldest seaside resort, but was also really lovely), so I suppose I deserve a bit of hard graft. I may escape for a walk and a swim on Sunday at some point.

JayzusB.Christ

Working like a bastard to finish some mural jobs before I go on holiday the week after next.  Not so much for the cash but for the peace of mind while I'm in Tenerife.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trout

Today I planted two trees, ate fried chicken on two separate occasions, built some unexpectedly-inexpensive Lego and greatly enjoyed the first CFL (Canadian version of American football) game I've ever attended. It was followed by a fireworks display.

Pretty good Saturday.

Bolt-01

Spent all day yesterday prepping and delivering nano-bolt to Universtiy.

Now at home again and wondering where the years went.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just ran the Cumbernauld 10K. 51:42 was the official time but I am going with my Fitbit's 50:55.

Either way, the fastest I have run for a couple of years.

Now just about to load up Astral Chain on the Switch.

Watched SW Ep 1 last night and it was good. I think they could make a sequel.
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 15 September, 2019, 03:39:41 PM

I wish they had. 

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 15 September, 2019, 01:59:48 PM
Spent all day yesterday prepping and delivering nano-bolt to Universtiy.

Now at home again and wondering where the years went.

Feck, you're not wrong. I remember when he was only a little lad too, and I don't even know what he looks like.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 September, 2019, 05:25:47 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 15 September, 2019, 03:39:41 PM

I wish they had.

Actually it was Ep 4, A New Hope, but I get confused. The gag stands.
Lock up your spoons!