Main Menu

Comics we're excited about in 2022

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 October, 2021, 05:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well this is probably a little early and I'm probably being a bit optimistic that this will show given how far ahead its been announced BUT via 'Wait What?!?' I've been directed to a story I'd missed. Kurt Busiek is returning to his creator owned work at Image and that means

MORE AUTUMNLANDS !!!!!

YAYYYYY!!!!

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/image-unveils-2022-slate-for-the-kurt-busiek-universe/

I mean announcing it will be out in Autumn 2022... I'll see you in the Comics We're Excited About 2023 thread maybe!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Hawkmumbler

Pyroxian

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 October, 2021, 05:55:28 PMKurt Busiek is returning to his creator owned work at Image and that means

"plus new collected editions that will make the entire Astro City backlist available again."

Good thing I've just made some space on my bookshelves for more Graphic Novels...

Link Prime

Only two on the horizon for me in 2022;

- The Legend of Luther Arkwright.
- 'Season' 2 (and possibly 3) of Red Room.

Colin YNWA

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

i've absolutely loved most everything that scout comics have published over the last couple of years. quirky and inspiring and wondrous and reliable. broken eye, a new title for feb next year, by martin and xabier etxeberria & inaki arenas, looks like another winner:
Liverpool in the early 70s. Seamus Young is a young orphan who works unloading garbage in the docks. But his situation will get worse unexpectedly, when he finds a cutaway hand floating in the river and he will be immersed in a criminal conspiracy involving the IRA. And all because of a secret: Seamus has a broken eye but with which he can see the past.

Colin YNWA

Well I guess this goes here... but its not so much excited about as nervous - but this is the best thread we have.

Jeff Lemire has gone exclusive with Image

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jeff-lemire-signs-exclusively-with-image-comics-today/

Now I'm sure this will produce some great comics... but ... but what about Black Hammer - there's some speculation they will remain with Dark Horse? Could they move to Image - I'm okay with that if they do. Or will they go on hiatus?

I need to know!

Colin YNWA

And good and bad news in the Black Hammer world. The deal has a Black Hammer exemption and so nothing has changed with Jeff's plans for Black Hammer with Dark Horse - phew!

BUT it all sounds like its wrapping up anyway - cries into the night - while I reckon that can only be a good thing as we have a series of comics with a clear beginning middle and end there just felt like there as so much scope with Black Hammer that it would run and run BUT it would seem we have only a couple more series to go. Though the great news is one of them seems to get Dean Ormston back on board so supper happy to hear that.

Still will be sad to see Black Hammer end its been almost uniformly superb.

From Jeff Lemire's Substack (the free bit at least)

QuoteI have an exemption in my Image deal to finish the last few Black Hammer series as planned. So Black Hammer Reborn, Madame Dragonfly (with Dean), and the Black Hammer: The End will continue as planned and come out through Dark Horse across 2022-2023. And all the new Black Hammer comics that I have planned for this Substack will also continue as planned. So, rest east Black Hammer fans, this new deal doesn't effect my plans for the BH Universe at all.

IndigoPrime

Honestly, I rather like 'finite'. What I've found surprising with that series, though, is how DH has changed formats for the collection. It was all library editions in HC, and now some are standard sized. Hrm.

Hawkmumbler

The omnibus editions of Matt Wagners GRENDEL are being reprinted from June onwards. Been intending to read this for years seeing as Colin loves it so, and I can vibe with a weirdo take on the Fantomas type superfiend.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 23 April, 2022, 07:01:37 PM
The omnibus editions of Matt Wagners GRENDEL are being reprinted from June onwards. Been intending to read this for years seeing as Colin loves it so, and I can vibe with a weirdo take on the Fantomas type superfiend.

More importantly the omnibusiusuesesi are being reprinted at full sizes as opposed to the smaller previous volumes meaning I'll be replacing my Hunter Rose omnibus (1). That is great but Zack trust me get to 2 and the Christine Spar stuff and the Comico ongoing series now that's the GREAT stuff.

sintec

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 April, 2022, 07:27:14 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 23 April, 2022, 07:01:37 PM
More importantly the omnibusiusuesesi are being reprinted at full sizes as opposed to the smaller previous volumes meaning I'll be replacing my Hunter Rose omnibus (1). That is great but Zack trust me get to 2 and the Christine Spar stuff and the Comico ongoing series now that's the GREAT stuff.

Was hoping these might see a reprint with the TV show. Got vol 1 a while back but may well upgrade to have a matching set. Especially if they're bigger!