Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

Re-started GTA5 this weekend, after having had to sell my PS3 copy when I upgraded to PS4. Such a great game and an enjoyable online element, so far.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

NapalmKev

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 13 September, 2015, 09:15:49 AM
Re-started GTA5 this weekend, after having had to sell my PS3 copy when I upgraded to PS4. Such a great game and an enjoyable online element, so far.

Stunning game! One of the best I've played.

I'm currently playing Metal Gear 5 and it really is an amazing piece of work. So many ways to tackle missions and you can actually "kill off" entire areas rather than having an endless stream of Goons.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

ThryllSeekyr

It's been Mad Max since I installed it. Putting in several few hours each day.....

Just check one of my Facebook pages for all 187 photos.

I intend to finish the sometime soon.

Goaty

Just bought Witcher 2 for £2.24 on Steam, is it good game?

JamesC

Super Mario Maker.
Absolutely wonderful.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: JamesC on 14 September, 2015, 08:52:52 PM
Super Mario Maker.
Absolutely wonderful.

I've seen some excellent player-made levels for this. Kinda wish I had Wii U!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

radiator

Mario Maker does indeed look wonderful. Like Little Big Planet but actually build around a solid, fun platformer.

It's definitely got me intrigued, though I'll hold out for a possible future port on the NX as I do pretty much all my gaming on the go nowadays.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Goaty on 14 September, 2015, 08:14:19 PM
Just bought Witcher 2 for £2.24 on Steam, is it good game?

If that is Assassins & Kings or Assassins or Kings, then I would only get that if I was a huge fan of the original novels. Of which I have only heard of.

I brought the very same game over the counter for one of my consoles (Forget which one, But I don't have any of the latest gen ones....)for 60.000 dollars and wasn't that impressed.

For starters, those graphics are a little dated now. While walking through the village. I found he had little choice, but to stick to the main path as he could even walk over the small ledges, let alone jump and fi I wanted to have him jump off that cliff ledge that would be certain death for him other wise. Stands still while going through the cupboards, and wardrobes of empty buildings and foraging the flora and still does it does it that in the latest game. Yet, that game could be forgiven that one, as it's quite definitely more awesome.

I didn't think much of combat that fact that he can practically walk right through other people and also attack them without effecting them at all. Fighting only happens under special circumstances.

So, buyer beware when purchasing that one. Although, I'm sure $2.50 is more appropriate than $60.00.

BTW, I have some issues with the Mad Max game as awesome As I assumed it to be and as awesome as it actually turns out to be so far. I swear I have not hit any invisable  walls in this one yet. This game is huge, even though the game map gives it the illusion of limitation s that haven't yet been found and it in own way the place is picturesque and I have taken many in this game. Over 400, right now! A true rival and successor to the jaw-dropping back-drops and vistas of Red Dead Redemption.

Yet, I find it so annoying that he can't jump a significant height or even climb, but will sometimes ascend a higher ledge by almost rolling up on to it if I'm lucky.

There also these very small fields of land mines that need to be cleared in each area of the game world. About two to each and with only three mines to defuse. Using the dog who just detects them from the back of Chum's dune-buggy. This just seems more like a mini-game that doesn't have any logical connection to the rest of the game much. Yes, of course they say it safer to walk over those areas after the mines have been removed, but it's only three mines and avoiding the places where these are found is only too easy. 

These places aren't protecting any of the resources or stoping prisoners from escaping. Something the game writers didn't figure on as far as I'm concerned.

Would it not be better to have more dogs, unless animals like this are supposed to be near extinct and a crew of people doing land mine detection and removal in places where they might be better needed.

They have these crews, surveying, getting scrap from wreckages and other places, but you never see them.

They could be the wandering near-dead who keep asking for water when you stop by them. Except you can only give half your canteen to these people that look a bit like lepers and only to one of them. I'm not sure where the three other people behind him get their water. Yet, I find it silly that Max can't take them back to base for some medical attention and crew training or even point out to them where Max gets his water from.  Then  they would only become completion for those source of water. I swear their A.I. is so dumb that I saw a couple of them walking right past one of the water stills. Which are kind of like very primitive  Moisture-Evaporators from that desert world of from a very well known science-fiction franchise. Still it's a lovely game and I assume  quite a few avid Star Wars fans are jealous none of their games get this much love.

A few more things about this game.....

While, collecting scrap by smashing other cars to pieces of scorched metal is fun at first. After I while I just had to leave the vacated conveyances where they were out of boredom of previous my actions with them. Why not just allow Max to find the tools to remove parts from theses with reducing them to heated rubble and have him toe the remaining chassis back to base for more spare parts.

I just seemed so dumb to se perfectly good bull-bar lying there and not being bale to take it as Mad can pickup the smaller parts  from under the hood. I'm sure he could fit more stuff in the back of the Magnum Opus  instead pretending to be carrying all under the collar folds of his leather jacket. Like a lot of other games really and while you may chuckle to yourselves that this much attention to details is just too much bother. Well, you might as well be going back to playing Load-Runner, Pac-Man and Space-Invaders really.

A option to ask Chum to follow him while Max takes another transport left behind by the lackeys of the big Scrotum fellow for repairs use other missions late on. I found the spiked-one that drops bombs behind it so useful in one of the convoy challenges now have four of those hood-ordimants and call a crew or anybody to drive the Chum's dune-buggy if Max's hands are too  at that time and I'm sure the poor doggy would appreciate not being left in the back of the thing out in the middle of nowhere as well.  I know this happens anyway, as everything respawns back at base, but I 'd like to have visual confirmation of this and this is the type of mine game I like to have within the bigger one.

Crews of people taken from those water-deprived wanderers that have been taken or shown the way back to base and not because Max found the right salvage that allowed them to be in first place and how does a maggot-farm made by dumping rotting flesh in some make shift Tupperware for food. Are we suppose to eat those. That's only good having you gangrene eaten away and making flies.

Get some sort of medical professional or Organic-Mechanic and a Wastelands-Chef.

I'm sure that's it for now!

radiator

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 13 September, 2015, 09:15:49 AM

I think the Los Santos of GTA might be the first game location that I feel a powerful nostalgic urge to revisit as if it's a real life place. I'm also extra curious to go back to the game, as I've actually spent some time in LA since I played it and want to see how it compares to my experiences.

It's an easy thing to overlook if you haven't ever been to America, but once you do you realise how perfectly the GTA games nail very specific things about it.

CheechFU

I played metal gear solid 5 which appears to be an interactive curriculum vitae for hideo kojima whose name is now seared into my brain because it appears every 5 minutes.

I, Cosh

Quote from: CheechFU on 15 September, 2015, 09:38:50 PM
I played metal gear solid 5 which appears to be an interactive curriculum vitae for hideo kojima whose name is now seared into my brain because it appears every 5 minutes.
Took me a while to click that this was meant to be some sort of joke about the interactive movie concept being replaced by the interactive box set.
We never really die.

Satanist

Post brought to you by Hideo Kojima
Featuring  Poison "CheechFu" Snake

A Hideo Kojima production.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

NapalmKev

Quote from: Satanist on 16 September, 2015, 11:34:09 AM

Post brought to you by Hideo Kojima
Featuring  Poison "CheechFu" Snake

A Hideo Kojima production.

I thought that the excessive "Hideo Kojima" references were deliberately put into the game after he had fallen out with Konami.

Anyway, great game. I've finally managed to capture [spoiler]Quiet[/spoiler] who was a bit of a headache and now I'll be moving on to [spoiler]Africa[/spoiler].

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Satanist

Yeah I'm really enjoying MGS even though most of my missions go as follows...

Spy on camp
work out plan
sneak in
get spotted by guards who sound alarm
KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!!!

though when it all works out I do feel like a complete BOSS.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

CheechFU

Quote from: Satanist on 16 September, 2015, 12:29:56 PM
Yeah I'm really enjoying MGS even though most of my missions go as follows...

Spy on camp
work out plan
sneak in
get spotted by guards who sound alarm
KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!!!

though when it all works out I do feel like a complete BOSS.
Here's your plan B
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCzAVaqWaBs