Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Quote from: JamesC on 08 May, 2014, 09:39:45 PM
Welcome to the Punch

I though that was half marks at best!

Saw 'January has two faces' at a preview showing. It was OK stuff but the characters didn't engage and Viggo overacted terribly as the mad haired drunkard. Some nice period sixties settings in Greece and Kirsten Dunst looks good in her night dress.

JamesC

Quote from: Buttonman on 08 May, 2014, 09:57:51 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 08 May, 2014, 09:39:45 PM
Welcome to the Punch

I though that was half marks at best!

Saw 'January has two faces' at a preview showing. It was OK stuff but the characters didn't engage and Viggo overacted terribly as the mad haired drunkard. Some nice period sixties settings in Greece and Kirsten Dunst looks good in her night dress.

While I pretty much agree with what you have to say regarding plot etc, none of it bothers me in the slightest in this kind of cops and robbers caper. It made for a really good, easy watch after being at work all day.

I think Andrea Riseborough is really good too - I haven't seen her in many films but she always stands out.

Theblazeuk

Free trial of Amazon Prime has me lapping up some movies today.

Alpha Papa was great! Exactly as expected, which is no bad thing. Michael's a bit underused but his presence is golden at the end.

Pirates: An Adventure with Scientists was a fun follow up of a completely different nature. Pleasantly surprised as I thought it might actually be a bit naff given how little popularity it seems to have compared to other Aardman animations.

Westworld is currently on. Rather enjoying it though the ready acceptance of robot prostitutes took me aback. Ew.

Daveycandlish

Westworld is brilliant - you can't beat a bit of Yul Brynner.
Just watched Frozen. Aye, not bad.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Frank

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 09 May, 2014, 04:39:36 PM
Westworld is currently on. Rather enjoying it though the ready acceptance of robot prostitutes took me aback. Ew.

I'm a little bit in love with Inga, PJ Maybe's significant other, but I'm not sure the 1970s technology employed in Michael Crichton's film would have been able to deal with the practicalities of that kind of human interaction. The vinyl seats in my dad's mini wiped clean alright, but they were uncomfortable and didn't respond well to heat or friction.

The Legendary Shark

I once went out with a Princess but I burned my knob on the exhaust...

This joke comes to you c/o 1967.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JamesC

Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie.

Preposterous nonsense of an enjoyable kind.

Hawkmumbler

'Rouses from slumber'

Is Godzilla out yet? No? Bah.

Anyway I saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 yesterday. Utter drivel as is akin to all Spidey movies but god I love Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. He GET'S the character down to a T. The promotional art might mislead certain people about the villeins though, and the drama was so melodramatic it felt like i was reading One More Day again. Urgh. Wait till DVD if you ask me.

'Goes back to sleep'

Dandontdare

I totally agree about the promotional artwork for ASM2 - if I wasn't such a geek, I'd never have been able to tell that was the rhino on the posters (though this did actually match the movie, in that the rhino was an unnecessary and badly executed add-on). But I did love the rest of the movie!

I just watched Mega-shark vs Giant Octopus on 4music - late to the party I know, but ridiculously good fun (although I am a little bit pissed).

The Enigmatic Dr X

I too saw Spidey 2 last night.

It was just a little to full of plot holes for me, but my lads enjoyed it enormously (that may have been more to do with the fact they got popcorn and stayed up until 9.30, mind)
Lock up your spoons!

Hoagy

Welcome to the Punch. Is something wrong with my telly? Because I despise the colour scheme. And I should be enjoying this. Only half watched as I was getting depressed. It's not the first Blues and Twos Brit Flick to do this either. Blood was another wasted fee. Drained miserable colour scheme.

Empire Rising. Sorry darling this dvd you got me does not do what it claims to on the cover. An education for verely old people though.

Case 39 has a strong cast and Renee Zellweger get her ass handed to her is a good see. I avoided it for a while on one format then saw it on another which interested me into watching it. It's not such a bad toying around with being toyed with thriller. Some nice camera sequences, the one in the kitchen in particular.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

The Enigmatic Dr X

The colour on the new 24 is awful. It keeps going all blue tinged when Jack is on the screen. It's the whole orange/ blue thing, taken to a whole new level.
Lock up your spoons!

Hoagy

High caramba! Agreed Doc.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 May, 2014, 06:10:00 PM
I once went out with a Princess but I burned my knob on the exhaust...

This joke comes to you c/o 1967.

Should be, "I once f*cked a Princess..."...Well, that's how I heard it in 1978.

The Legendary Shark

I was trying to be classy.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]