Main Menu

Wishlist for 2021

Started by broodblik, 08 January, 2021, 02:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

What I want to see:

Brink
Feral and Foe
The Out (already know book 2 is on its way)
Kingmaker
Diaboliks
Savage (unlikely I guess)
Regular Sinister Dexter
Helium

Plus I guess more Brass Sun but not at the expense of more Brink (assuming Culbard doing the art for both).

What I don't want any more of:
One off (or indeed multi part) Johnny Alpha Strontium Dog stories - just let it go.

Rogue Judge

I'd love to see more Strontium Dog collections. I enjoyed the Starlord years hardback so much and would love to see similar hardback collected editions of the 2000ad years. Also, the final Strontium Dog story (Son of Wulf) has yet to be collected, a TPB of that to complete the collection would be appreciated.

Keep the Dredd Case Files coming!

And More:
-Kingmaker
-Jaegir (it must be time for a vol.2 tpb?)
-Kingdom

alphadogau

I'm probably in a minority but I love to see a Universal Soldier/Kelly's Eye reprint.
Are we there yet?

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Link Prime on 11 January, 2021, 10:22:00 AM
Some Wagner Dredd.

Yes!

Quote from: dweezil2 on 11 January, 2021, 12:49:25 PM
Another John Wagner Dredd epic would be equally groovy!!!  :thumbsup:

Oh yes! Very groovy.

AlexF

Alphadogau that's a bold request!
I do think it got better with each series, at least, and I have a proper soft spot for Kelly's Eye.

More Mechastopheles, please Tharg. And more Helium.
Oh, and maybe commission a new writer/artist combo to finish off the Savage/Ro-Busters mash-up just so we can get some serious fireworks burning down the UK.

broodblik

Quote from: alphadogau on 13 January, 2021, 02:16:39 AM
I'm probably in a minority but I love to see a Universal Soldier/Kelly's Eye reprint.

That would be interesting.

What about New Statesmen by John Smith and Jim Baikie
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

norton canes

More Mechastopheles for sure. Another chapter of Jaegir, hopefully. And at the risk of overloading the Rennie droid's circuits, perhaps another chapter of The Alienist..?

More Kingdom would be fantastic, even if it's just a one-shot to tell us what finally happened to Gene.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 11 January, 2021, 10:49:41 AM
Not sure you'll get anything Oink. Does Rebellion even own much of that? Wasn't it primarily creator-owned?

That's news to me IP - I thought Rebellion had the rights to it, and also didn't know a lot of it was creator owned.

Still trying to complete a collection of the originals - hard to come by without a newsagent scribble on the front cover!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 13 January, 2021, 09:42:01 AM
Quote from: alphadogau on 13 January, 2021, 02:16:39 AM

That would be interesting.

What about New Statesmen by John Smith and Jim Baikie

Alas Jim Baikie passed 3 or so years ago. Otherwise this would be a dream. One of my all time favourites.

Max Headroom

Does one of the creators passing away really mean 'The New Statesmen' could never be reprinted? (Obviously I am unsure as to rights issues, the law etc).

Rately

Some more Wagner Dredd, and Zombo! New Al Ewing in any shape or form.

If Henry Flint draws both, all the better.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Max Headroom on 14 January, 2021, 02:46:55 PM
Does one of the creators passing away really mean 'The New Statesmen' could never be reprinted? (Obviously I am unsure as to rights issues, the law etc).

SORRY! I got it in my head that was for new material - basically i was a numbnut and yeah a reprint would be fine - you'd guess. Though ownership issues might need sorting with John Smith.

A lovely hardcover of The Complete New Statesmen would be a dream.

GordonR

If New Statesmen was creator-owned, then surely Third World War would be too?

(Hint: it isn't.)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 January, 2021, 11:06:16 AMThat's news to me IP - I thought Rebellion had the rights to it, and also didn't know a lot of it was creator owned.
I may well be taking utter bollocks. I seem to recall reading about issues with Oink rights on comic blogs, but helpfully cannot actually find any of those pieces right now.

EDIT: There's a tiny reference on John Freeman's blog: https://downthetubes.net/?page_id=101053

Colin YNWA

Quote from: GordonR on 14 January, 2021, 05:12:10 PM
If New Statesmen was creator-owned, then surely Third World War would be too?

(Hint: it isn't.)

Because as we know if one strip in a comic is creator owned it means all stripS in that comic are creator owned. Which coursed Tharg such problems when Mazeworld, Buttonman etc ran in the Prog I guess... oh hold on...

Thanks though for the shiny insights as ever Mr Rennie.