Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 2 - Ron Smith or Jesus Redondo

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 January, 2021, 06:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

paddykafka

Another close one. Much and all as I loved Redondo's work - especially on Return to Armageddon - I'm gonna vote Ron Smith for his work on Dredd.

Sean SD

IndigoPrime

Smith for his Dredd people (but not the buildings); sad that his final years with the Prog were saddled with such middling scripts. Redondo was frequently great, however, not least in the emotional impact of his work.

Rogue Judge

Ron Smith. His art dominates those early Case Files, and made the Daily Star strips consistently great.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Andrew_J

Ron Smith for defining so much of what I love about MC-1. Also the use of the legendary alarm clock.

Bolt-01

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

shaolin_monkey

Colin YNWA

This one seems to be going one way but there's quite rightly plenty of love for both. So if you fancy dropping a vote in to show your support for one or another please do so today and I'll count up in the morning.

JayzusB.Christ

With no disrespect to the great Jesus Redondo, Ron Smith wins this for me without a doubt.  Nobody will ever draw a zitty, ugly Mega City 1 juvenile delinquent like he did.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well the one thing I'll say is this is the vote I'm probably most glad didn't got to a tie as I personally don't think I'd be able to decide between these two favs of mine. As it is the final result was pretty clear and

Ron Smith

Is through to the Quarter Finals.

broodblik

Ron Smith is certainly one off the artist helping establish Dredd as a main stream character with his detailed lines:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"