Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 22 March, 2024, 03:54:13 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 March, 2024, 02:53:31 PMWell Debbie Harry was Anderson...

... who now looks younger than Debbie Harry did when she inspired Bolland to create the character's look.  They're only pictures in a comic, I know, but it gets on my wick something rotten.
Totally agree, and what you said on Robin's thread.
I keep throwing outthere the idea that Anderson goes through the menopause and levels half of MC1, no takers so far...
DDT did a job on me

Vector14

Are there any other characters that don't age (or get younger) in Dredd? Hershey was allowed to age. PJ Maybe didn't stay a kid forever.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Vector14 on 22 March, 2024, 04:45:16 PMAre there any other characters that don't age (or get younger) in Dredd? Hershey was allowed to age. PJ Maybe didn't stay a kid forever.

Well, there's Dredd. Sometimes grizzled, sometimes fairly fresh-faced. There was that Carroll-Dredd in the Meg that indicated a regular full-dermal rejuvenation process, so there is a lore-ish excuse for his carrying on. (Personally, I think they could've killed him off, or sent him to the Academy and had Rico take over the main strip - a long time ago.)

Inspector Morse Armitage also seems immune to age, having started out rather old and then stayed rather old for decades longer than one would assume is reasonable.

I think the real reason that Anderson's daughter never seems to age is that her psi-powers are projecting an image of eternal youth. As for Anderson herself - where has she been for all these years? Maybe tutoring at the Academy of Law? Or did she find love with one of the Orlok clones?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

paddykafka

Proudhuff

Why can't anythread stay on topic here?
DDT did a job on me

JohnW

Just gave blood, so now I'm riding high on a wave of smugness and free snacks.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Le Fink

That's most excellent JW. The only times I have attempted to give blood I have either fainted, vomited, or fainted and vomited. They managed to extract the blood but it has put me off rather.