Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

You are going to be so happy with the ending you get for all those hours you invest in that game.

JamesC

Just finished the main campaign on Sleeping Dogs - took me a while!
A very satisfying end to a great game, I thought.

[spoiler]I laughed out loud when I chucked Big Smile Lee in the ice chipper - he was such a wanker![/spoiler]

I still have plenty of side missions to do which will pass the time until Assassin's Creed 3 comes out at the end of the month.

grthink

I've really got to learn not to scroll over the spoiler bars if I don't want to find out what happens.

[spoiler]Still, good to know Big Smile Lee gets what's coming to him.[/spoiler]

I've got two or three story missions to do, then other than collectibles I'm done. I seem to have missed out all of the races, somehow, though.

von Boom

Mechwarrior Online. The NDA has been lifted from the closed beta so I can now say that I'm playing this game.

Not bad so far, there are some problems, but it IS beta after all.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Did a big tidy up and clear out this week. Got rid of four wheelie bins worth of shite and about 7 black bin bags of stuff went to the local charity shop. We can see the floor of the cupboard under the stairs now. That's where we found the old SEGA MOTHER MEGA FUCKING DRIVE

Just played Micro Machines and I'll have some Mortal Kombat II later.
You may quote me on that.

NapalmKev

Resident Evil 6: Bit of a mixed bag this one. It's got 4 campaigns but I found 2 of them a bit average and another (Chris) to by absolutely diabolical. Leons campaign was by comparison quite excellent (IMO) and the Mercenaries bonus game equally magnificent. Aside from some dodgy camera issues I thought it a good game overall.

Walking Dead: Just finished episode 4 and I have to say I'm enjoying this series immensely. It's got a real dark storyline that doesn't hold back on the horror, and has delivered genuine shocks time and again. Well worth a look.

Cheers  :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Dr Feeley Good

Just started Dishonored......seems spot on up to now !

Keef Monkey

During my charity marathon I played through the new Walking Dead episode and it was absolutely brilliant, hand over mouth and gasp drama. Really excellent series.

I also played Rogue Trooper from start to finish and once I got into the swing of it it felt like it hadn't dated at all. It really is a brilliantly crafted gem of a game, and I want a sequel so bad that I'd let Rebellion touch me in the bad place just to get one. Love it, truly love it.

It's also the game that convinced me stealth wasn't rubbish, I'd hated it up to that point but sneaking around with the silenced sniper, using the holo-decoy to pinpoint snipers, it was ace. The Traitor General is still a massive difficulty spike but after dying a few times I just spent all my scrap on manufacturing a ton of Mortar ammo and did a proper one man army run on it and it felt amazing. Rogue Trooper 2 please.

Raised £380 in the end, which was way more than I expected, thanks to the guys who donated, much appreciated :D

JamesC

Recently played the first few levels of Bioshock.
I think it's probably showing its age a bit - to be honest it bored me.
The world design is absolutely fantastic but gameplay wise it's a chore. Things like ammo and magic are rare enough that you feel you have to search every drawer, corpse, nook and cranny and to be honest that just isn't fun. The same thing annoyed me on the recent Deus Ex. Combat is about as 'by the numbers' as it gets although I think that when it was released some of the magic attacks were pretty original.
It's also one of those games where every so often you'll just get spammed with a load of low level baddies to give you something to do.

NapalmKev

Quote from: JamesC on 16 October, 2012, 12:19:14 PM
Recently played the first few levels of Bioshock.
I think it's probably showing its age a bit - to be honest it bored me.
The world design is absolutely fantastic but gameplay wise it's a chore. Things like ammo and magic are rare enough that you feel you have to search every drawer, corpse, nook and cranny and to be honest that just isn't fun. The same thing annoyed me on the recent Deus Ex. Combat is about as 'by the numbers' as it gets although I think that when it was released some of the magic attacks were pretty original.
It's also one of those games where every so often you'll just get spammed with a load of low level baddies to give you something to do.

I really enjoyed Bioshock, thought it was great. The End Boss is a bit shit, but I felt it had a real good story. Bioshock 2 is also quite good, and it's got multiplayer but some of the level design is a bit linear.

Cheers :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

JamesC

Well the story and the world-building was the best thing about it but the searching for bullets and dealing with annoying security bots and splicers that just ran around like something out of Doom killed any enthusiasm.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Bioshock bored me rigid. I found the lack of variation in the baddies to be shocking (payed about 60% of the game - I know because I read a walkthrough to see how far I got - and it seemed to be the same madman/ madwoman over and over).

In fact, its enduring impact on me was that I really like the flame effects at the very start. It went downhill fast after that.
Lock up your spoons!

Spicy Biscuit

College has me bogged down but I managed to catch an hour on Dead Nation. Despite me loathing zombie games I enjoy how unapologetic in it's execution of the theme. Plus I absolutely love the top down genre. Great fun.

I'm also itching to get back into Dwarf Fortress, that thing was like crack to me a few years ago.

grthink

Bioshock is one of my top, all-time games. Granted, there's not much variance in the splicers, but the atmosphere, pacing and story are incredible. Sound design, too -- just thinknig about it has me hearing security bots. I don't thik its strength ever lied in its qualities as a shooter (there are games that do that better -- Borderlands etc) but in terms of delivering a structure, ad a story, and doing it so stylishly... I bloody love that game.

Professor Bear

Renegade Ops - top-down twin-stick shooter about brumming about in jeeps shooting things in warzones.  Supposedly old-school but looks very shiny and plays in an idiot-proof manner.  Good fun for all and worth a punt via XBL or PSN.