Main Menu

CLiNT Submission; Looking for a Letterer

Started by Pauul, 23 April, 2011, 11:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauul

Hello all!

Over the past few months I've been working with a couple of talented artists on a strip called 'The Spire' which we'd like to submit to CLiNT.

And now we're just one step away.

We need to find a letterer.

If you think you might be interested, leave me a message (with maybe a link to a sample of some of your work?) and I'll quickly get in touch.

Or if you know a letterer,  please point them in the direction of this thread.

Anyway, time for some samples - right?

The Spire

Writer: Paul Penna
Artist: David Hedmark
Colourer: Mike Rayner

Any other comments are welcome as well, I'm sure the artists would appreciate any feedback you have.

Thank you for your time, guys.

COMMANDO FORCES

I like the artwork and I have two questions (see I didn't say but).

Firstly, why are those two bods wearing those welding goggle box things on the bridge, no-one else is wearing them at their stations and they all have the same type of displays, or is it to do with something that the story tells us, so as not to confuse the reader from the off.

Secondly, when the 4 bods beam down, from the angle we see them it's
green, orange, blue with red behind. The next frame shows them on the surface and the footsteps show that they have walked outwards from the point of landing, yet the blue and green seem to have swapped places.

Small points I know.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 April, 2011, 01:53:34 AM
Small points I know.

...this is why I spend hours and hours trying to get continuity right in everything I draw!

JOE SOAP

The beardy fella and some of scenes bring to mind the Time Masters film.

HdE

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

chilipenguin

Just spotted this. Looks like HDE already has your back. Let me know if anything comes up and you need someone else.

Art looks fantastic by the way.

Pauul

Yep.

Thanks for the offer though.

I do have another strip called 'Born to Serve' which is currently being coloured, once the colourist is finished I'll be looking for a letterer for that project as well.

Born to Serve

Writer: Paul Penna
Artist: Marion Cromb

Dave Hedmark

Thanks for the comments guys and thank you for posting this Paul.

COMMANDO FORCES
Thank you glad you dig it.

"Firstly, why are those two bods wearing those welding goggle box things on the bridge, no-one else is wearing them at their stations and they all have the same type of displays, or is it to do with something that the story tells us, so as not to confuse the reader from the off."
Those are just for fun. Bald guys big weird boxes on there faces. maybe they're navigators and there minds are part of the ship.

"Secondly, when the 4 bods beam down, from the angle we see them it's green, orange, blue with red behind. The next frame shows them on the surface and the footsteps show that they have walked outwards from the point of landing, yet the blue and green seem to have swapped places."

yeah you're absolutely right that's mostly about the order they're talking in in the script. I thought maybe they changed places when they were setting up. We probably should flip panel 3 around.

Thanks guys
Dave

Banners

Quote from: Pauul

I do have another strip called 'Born to Serve' which is currently being coloured, once the colourist is finished I'll be looking for a letterer for that project as well.

I'd suggest it doesn't need a letterer and works great as it is.

HdE

Quote from: Dave Hedmark on 28 April, 2011, 07:06:10 AM
We probably should flip panel 3 around.

If you do, be sure to send me the page after that's done.

Cheers!

Pauul

The problem with that, is that I think it'd mess up Sparks uniform.

Besides, there's no reason that Spot and Kurt couldn't have stepped around each other, after teleporting down.

I don't think it'll be a problem if it is left as it is.

HdE

Ah, no worries then.

I await the final pages with interest!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Banners on 28 April, 2011, 07:54:14 AM
Quote from: Pauul

I'd suggest it doesn't need a letterer and works great as it is.

I concur with my learned friend.
Lock up your spoons!