Main Menu

Big 2000 AD sale

Started by IndigoPrime, 06 October, 2021, 07:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzo

I just want to know when my order will actually turn up. I know Brexit is used as an excuse for everything, but it's now more than 4 weeks and up to 10 weeks is apparently now normal. How does it physically take so long? Where do the parcels actually go - the mind boggles.

Tjm86

That's a bit odd Lorenzo.  Normally Rebellion are pretty good on the dispatch front.  Sales do tend to slow things down a little.  Not sure how many staff they have on the packing / posting front.

As for the question of where things go, around here we've got a couple of bottle-necks.  Cardiff sorting seem to slow things down quite a bit and then our local depot is going through managers faster than Johnson is revolving votes. 

Chatting with one of the posties the other day it seems like they've been mucking around with schedules and staffing to make things more 'efficient'.  The net result seems to be that we now have a three / maybe four day post as they can't keep up with deliveries.

Of course it could be that your postie recognised the parcel as coming from Rebellion and has decided to read everything before they deliver it.  ;-)

IndigoPrime

Lorenzo: Probably send them a message. My Megatropolis hasn't shown up, so I... emailed customer support. They're now on the case. (I've found the 2000 AD shop is usually fairly swift with in-stock stuff—around a week or so from order to delivery.)

Lorenzo

Thanks for your collective concern. I should have probably pointed out that I'm in the Netherlands which more than likely explains most of the delay. Last order I placed, I had a little whinge after two weeks and was told up to ten weeks is now normal. Sure enough it turned up after five weeks. I am just amazed that any post travelling such a short distance can actually take that long. Taxes seem to be pre-paid so god knows why it has to sit on a shelf somewhere for a month.

IndigoPrime

Ah. Well, we're Brexit Island now. No containers. Massively reduced shipping. Imports are fine, but exports are fucked. Blame our absurd parody of a government.

Tomwe

Just got my Third World War HCs. What's up with the different finish huh! And the size where I expected them to be the same as things like the 13th floor rather than Button Man. To cap it off my vol1 has a hugely dinged bottom right corner to the point where the pages made a crunchy sound when I opened it. Emailed for a replacement. Such a shame as the packaging is top notch; must have been damaged in the warehouse.