Main Menu

Which sick/sad individual thought it be a good idea to post the Denise poll??

Started by Slippery PD, 23 July, 2004, 01:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slippery PD

I laughed a lot.  But it did make me wonder what people do in their spare time or do they think every time a woman is nice to them on the phone they are fit or where they just bored and needed a poll to post.

Personally I hope its the latter...

Yours non seriously Slips

PS - Seriously I think it was better when the polls were accessible.  The seem more distant now...  just a thought

Conexus

Yeah,with most of the recent ones you need to be a boarder to understand what they are going on about (or to even think about caring in the slightest)

ukdane

PS - Seriously I think it was better when the polls were accessible. The seem more distant now... just a thought

Just before Wake went on holiday I mentioned this to him, and included a possible solution, which he accepted and is working on (or rather will be when he comes back ;-) )

For those interested my solution was this:

The response rate to polls has been drastically reduced by it's removal from the front page.
If it's not possible to convice TPTB to move it back to the home page (understandably they want to keep the home page "corporate"), then how about some way of advertising when a new poll is created.

My idea is this (don't know how hard it would be to implement).

If I create a new poll, as soon as I press the Create Poll button, a new message thread is created on the message board.
Category: Polls
Title: "POLL" + the poll question.
Icon of the person who created it.
Date & time stamp.
The initial thread message should contain a link to the poll itself.

This thread would then serve three purposes.
1) It advertises the creation of a new poll, and encourages people to vote on it.
2) It provides a link directly to the poll (so the lazy/new can find it easily).
3) It provides an automatic thread that is relevant to the poll, so that people can comment on the poll, without a new thread being required, and without people needing to create a "Current Poll" thread as has happened in the past.
Cheers

-Daney

Bolt-01

Noisybast

Has it been taken down? I can't find it.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

ukdane

No, it's still there. Not sure if it should be (personal opinion) but it was put up before Wake went on holiday, so I'm not about to remove it unless TPTB decide it should go.
Cheers

-Daney

Mr D

That poll's been there ages! I put it up because there was a thread at the time with a lot of people asking the question.