Main Menu

The Classic Marvel Figurine Collection

Started by Quirkafleeg, 01 September, 2005, 03:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

I know a fella who paints them really well.

I mean any figure you long to be painted but dare not, then send them to him. Hes topnotch.
Hes making a ship at the moment. The crowsnest is a chuffing talc cap.

When hes finished with it ,it'll be an original Orc sailing vessel.

Trout

Export, the Marvel figures already have paint on them when you buy them.

Carlsborg Expert

Uhuh, I hear what you are saying Trout.

I talk of general collections going dusty,though.

This mate Im pimping is one of the best in his feild and he loves to paint them.

House of Usher

I wish I could make money doing that, but the amount of time it takes me to do a batch I reckon I'd be on about ?3 an hour.
STRIKE !!!

Trout

Carlsborg Expert

This fella has rows and rows in front of him Ush.

Hes been doing it for years and its only cos he loves doing it. Not for money.

Allsorts too.

Infact he can cover all RPG formats. I dont think he knows what a genie in a bottle he has got there.

I suggested to him that there are loads of people who would love to get their figurines painted.And rather than do them as habit, paint them for other people so as not to clutter his storage space.Its like a compulsion to him see? His was of relieving stressful tendencies.

His finishes are of the highest quality.

I dont compliment people unless I think they have earnest talent.Credit where credit is due and Im a miser with my credit.Thing is, Ben(my model painting mate)needs, this thing he has, to take a direction.

He lives in Buxton. Buxtonion are still a bit scared of the new fangled web as it doesnt churn milk or soil. So I said Id put the word out for him.

I may take some examples of his work to Oxford Dreddcon. See what you all think.

Spaceghost

what the hell are you going to do with that load of old nonsense? display them in your house to show you have good taste and style? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!! christ almighty, i would've thought twice about about buying them at the age of 9 let alone now.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

thrillpowerseeker

thats a lotta HA HA HA's spaceghost..methinks your over emphasizing the ridicule to disguise your own collective tendancies..

Buddy

Not a big fan of Marvel characters (well, not enough to fork out 6 quid a touch on these) BUT, I might get the first Spidey figure cos it's a bit cheap and that Silver Surfer figure is really very good and I will pick that up when it's released.

Not fussed on the rest.

Conexus

I honestly don't know what makes them so special, I mean their not that detailed, their flatly pained and dramatically is not a phrase I'd use to be described. (I could be overtly critical, having grown up on Games Workhop citadel models, and the White Dwarf 'Eavy Metal pages, where the models were painted with detail,light, shading and everything) But in their favour, they don't cost fifteen quid a pop, and you don't have to spend an age glueing the bits together before a paint brush even touches them    

Steamboy

nothing pre-painted will look as good as a 'eavy Metal team miniture(Citadel miniture, White Dwarf painter) Conexus, if i got any of these buggers I'd feel forced to strip the shabby paint job off and re-do them myself.
I still love painting Citadel minatures I just don't have enough time these days.

CU Steamboy

Buttonman

If you like your action figures go see 'The 40 years old virgin' he's got hundreds of them. I wont spoil the ending but he seems a lot better off at the start of the film than he does at the end!

Mangamax

Blimey, glad i didn't subscribe.
Went into Smiths today to get the Wolverine, picked one up and the paintjob was awful - the white eyes were almost together and almost on his nose, making him look like a spandex clad Adam Ant.
Having a good rummage through the others, its a case of some being excellent and some not. Best then to check what's there before buying - something you can't do with a subscription.
Figure they can't balls up Silver Surfer but what happens when there's a bare face?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

IndigoPrime

:: I saw a ref to 300 issues

Yeah, right. Almost every UK publisher now kills magazines the minute they become non-profitable. The second this slips from profit, the series will be canned, just like the dozens of "first issue only 99p" crap on the shelves (that skeleton/body one being the prize-winner of late?"oh, should I buy this for my kid, or spend the *?350* the entire series will cost, over the space of FOUR years, on a decent body kit, a quality kid's encyclopaedia, and a trip to Thorpe Park?" Gah!