Main Menu

Meg 238 - Bastards... and a tooth crossover

Started by Bad Andy, 17 October, 2005, 05:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edrov_Eniarg

I can't get into CW either. I just don't care about him or any of the other charaters. Does anyone know how much more of his reprints they are going to do?
Edrov.

The Amstor Computer

Artificial Idiot

"Loads, hopefully."

Heh, and yet we're still going to end up buying the Titan reprints as well...

The joys of being a comic fan ;)

The Amstor Computer

IndigoPrime

No idea. I'm personally hoping for a brutal new edit by Alan Barnes that sees Charley shot in the head, preferably next month, so we can be rid of the strip that seems to have been dragging on for years now. This kind of endless reprint annoys the crap out of me (in the same way that Necropolis did in vol. 3 of the Meg)?there's no end in sight, and as it's such a "love it or hate it" strip, it's surprising it's lasted this long.

Funt Solo

:: "Loads, hopefully."

Here, here!

I'm really enjoying the Charley's War reprints - which aren't actually reprints for me - never read them before.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Will I. Cooling

"No idea. I'm personally hoping for a brutal new edit by Alan Barnes that sees Charley shot in the head, preferably next month, so we can be rid of the strip that seems to have been dragging on for years now. This kind of endless reprint annoys the crap out of me (in the same way that Necropolis did in vol. 3 of the Meg)?there's no end in sight, and as it's such a "love it or hate it" strip, it's surprising it's lasted this long."

Barnes has said that in an ideal world he wants to publish it all. In addition, I believe the Meg gets more readers when it has Charley's War reprints. So its likely to be with us for a long time. Which is fine by me, its a good strip, etc.

Not read much of The Meg yet-Simp was as good as ever as was Anderson. The articles were great, esp-. Si's: I'm I the only one to be torn between admiration for the woman's (in the pink) amazing chest and concern for the state of her back?

As for the crossover-I have a sick wish they had put the last part of Mandroid in The Meg. I don't know why, maybe I really I'm sick and twisted.

Page count; not really fussed. 2000AD has never, ever acknowledged page reductions and I'm really not suprised to see that happening again. I'm would be suprised to hear that The Meg is in poor health sales wise; it seemed so much more confident, etc than pre-Volume 4.

Will
The I is for 'I can't remember the password to my other account' or Ian. One or the other.

Al_Ewing

Charlie's War is ace. It's the first chance I'm getting to read this incredible stuff, which is blowing my thrill-circuits good and proper. Any Titan reprints of these mad foreign legion episodes are going to be years down the line, if ever, so if the Meg stops it now I'll be bitterly disappointed and never recover. STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY THRILLS WITH YOUR ENDLESS CARPING, YOU KILLJOY SCUM!! Or I will duff you up in an Early Pat Mills stylee.

But the big thrill of the Meg was the JACK KIRBY PRISONER OMG OMG AAAEEEIII THRILL CIRCUITS EXPLODING etc etc. What's all this 'so-called King' jazz? So-called my ass! Alive or dead, Kirby be-eth the King! And having worked on the mighty McGoohan makes him a Double King! I only wish they'd reprinted more panels from this ultra-ghafflebette work!
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Bico

Don't really mind the missing pages, although I find Johnathan Morris' inability to download tv shows off the net (and subsequent 'toys from pram' column) quite hilarious.
Liked the Prisoner article.

Conexus

yes the hissy luddite fit was very amusing

Carlsborg Expert

WEll firstly i want to state that, while reading the first Dredd story,with the scumboys,I had another peculiar 2000ad synchronization.

I was just reading the the panel with the two PSU judges(page 11-panel 3). I was reading their name badges from right to left.As I took in the second name,the radio in the cafe said Grimshore at exactly the same time! Apparently people were looking for a Grimshore in Manchester. Where I  live. Coincidence or what?

Btw, excellent long read. Is this a two parter. Looks like it.

Whats with the Giant incident in Shimera? Confused.
Havent read Simping Det. but looks like Frazers art ability is actually gettin better!
After reading Dreddlines, Im wondering if the promising start to Andersons story is gonna go the same way as others in recent times.

Oh, and by the way. Writers of the letters are all a bit annoying this week. Seems we have a peversion therapy, theme this month.Whats wrong with analysis?What wrong with being shallow. And what the hewlits wrong with Watson?Hes been threatening to unsubscribe for years.Get on with it, I say. Im sick of the whinger.

Oh and nice RTBC in the columns.

Buttonman

"And what the hewlits wrong with Watson?"

Nothing apart from a mild persecution complex.

"Hes been threatening to unsubscribe for years.Get on with it, I say"

Puzzling as I've never made such a threat.If anything I've always thought my letters sound too affectionate. Buy it 'cos I like it I guess.

"Im sick of the whinger"

Well I still love you. Would you consider counselling? At least stop imbiding so much of your namesake product as it's making you irrational.

Carlsborg Expert

Yes dear.

Sorry dear.

Counselling appointment made. Dear.

Just checking you're okay.

eggonlegs

WoD