Main Menu

New Poll: What's your ebay activity level

Started by 2000AD Online, 21 October, 2005, 10:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Banner

I'd vote for the lovely girlfriend who after I said 'no' to posting on my id & joining in my debate while I was at work has gone & registered her own id anyway & in no way makes me look daft by the fact that she felt you were all 'being mean to me on my birthday'!

Of course this means I can't really argue anymore as I now have my own cheerleading squad of one, and it is my birthday as of about twenty minutes ago and the cheerleading squad had a whip round & got me Lone Wolf & Cub boxset so I'm happy!

Plus this also has the ramifications of having a boarder who doesn't actually read 'tooth or the meg.

Dudley

...and owns a cheerleader's outfit...

Matt Timson

Happy Birthday.  You still ought to leave positive feedback to people that pay instantly via Paypal, though.  However it turns out, they've taken the leap of faith, not you.

:)
Pffft...

Matt Timson

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/johnnyeyebrows/deaddud.jpg">
Pffft...

Rex Banner

Dudley

Little treat for you.

Link: http://video.craveonline.com/video/?showVideo=1539" target="_blank">History of Violence spoiler...

Dudley

He doesn't wear glasses.

But he does have very bandy little legs.

Matt Timson

It's all about disproportioning* the the lower half to accentuate the top half.  In layman's terms, It's a cartoon.

Either way, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

;)

*You would PISS yourself if you'd seen how many times I tried to type that...
Pffft...

Buttonman

I'm at 1063 (buttonman1969). What I do is buy a shitload of cheapo American DVD's when buying the ones I want for resale. Deepdiscountdvd charges a flat shipping rate so it doesn't cost any more unless the customs dudes are extra vigilant.

I don't make a living from it but generally I get my stuff for free off the back of eBay profits. Downsides are high eBay/Paypal/customs fees and a changing market - Don't get caught with too many 'Escape To Victory' Region Ones!

Queen Firey-Bou

i failed miserably to make a living out of it, i worked out that you need to sell a range of products, at huge amounts, & spend all day & night on it... and even then theres not much to be made, no matter how cheap a trade deal i'd get, you generally can't shift stuff for much over trade prices..too many people now importing direct.
eg swords, theres only so many people in uk/europe per week going to buy a sword, if i bough half a van load, they'd cost me ?25+, they used to shift at ?60+, but now someones selling them at ?7 & less.

silvergem jewellery ? i just sold a lovely peice, recommended retail value ?55, for ?18, after listing it umpteen times, thats around a ?4 loss, but still ?18 is more useful before xmas than nice bling.

my pottery simply didnt sell at all. but thats mostly all gone now anyway. :(

don't have the money or knowledge to invest in electrical goods, phones etc.

so basically its just pocket money for junk. But a lot of work, which is why i RAGE at crappy feedback issues.

Buttonman

It would definitely be a tough career - the problem as I see it is the low barriers to entry. You can find a killer product at a good price but within a week dozens of folk have hitched a ride on your bandwagon, just as the truck pulls up with all your new stock!

DVD's are the only thing that have worked for me and even then I've lost money when undercut or a new edition has come out.

As for feedback my favourite was...

"Ha ha glad I ruined your feedback"

I rarely look at a person's comments only the total and %age score. If they are 100+ the odd negative can be disregarded. I've got 4 out of 1000+ deals and to a man they were lying nutjobs.

My own policy is to leave it as soon as I get payment or, as a buyer as soon as I get the goods. In both scenarios the other punter has done his part and deserves feedback whether I've got mine or not. It's just (un)common courtesy.

Buttonman

Sorry, me again. I meant to leave this link to a sad, but familiar eBay tale...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33272

Natsan

Sorry,but I side with Matthewvic-feedback should only be left when the whole transaction has been completed and the buyer is satisfied with their item.Speedy payment is only part of the whole process,plenty of things can still go wrong after that and feedback should reflect the whole experience of dealing with that particular person.That's why my feedback for sellers usually notes everything,ie,'speedy delivery,good comms(communication),well packaged and as described'
Leaving feedback only after a transaction is totally completed is the recommended way on Ebay.I don't expect my sellers to leave me feedback until I let them know I'm satisfied.

Floyd-the-k

why not just leave feedback when you feel like it and not leave any when you can't be bothered? Oh and leave bad feedback when you're not happy.
  I think that just about covers it.

Queen Firey-Bou

yeah, spose, strictly speaking one should leave it until after the items warranty expires, so for the likes of my stinking sodding mp3 player which broke 3 days later......saffin raffin ripp off.

had a nice one recently ;
"item was stolen at my end but seller very helpful in getting PO compensation"
this was long before i'd even found the receipt.. good on him, so ive written a nice beefed up invoice for the PO. ha !